5.7 carb manifold need to buy new help

delsol

Senior Chief Petty Officer
hi i got my boat in the shop finally, and am getting new long block installed. everything was rusty. shop owner said to buy new mani. fact is to $$$ . so i was thinking summit racing type. and idea's . boat never see's salt water...i can alway's hunt for one later 350 mag is my motor 1989...i seen nice one's for around $100 i cannot wait for ebay as i have to get in by monday...i am also buying a carb rebuilt with electric choke for 249.00 and advice would be great
bob

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: 5.7 carb manifold need to buy new help

2 or 4 bbl, delsol? For OEM steel manifolds, check craigslist and/or ask your machinist for a source of old engines in your area. I assume most areas have a business that deals in old engines. Auto machine shops have to have some place to go to get head cores and block replacements.

delsol

4 bbl. i just wanted to save time and energy from dealing with these junk yard jerks here . and maybe get a new aftermarket one. and get replacement one from ebay as soon as i get time. the meter is running weather breaking motor out of boat ready to go in next week. from shop. i dont want to tie him up. as my boat will stay in the yard as my engine will just sit on a stand. vrs him having all parts and no excuses
bob

John_S

Rear Admiral

If you have a 350 mag, the cast-iron manifolds are still for sale, and not much more than the alum edelbrocks. If you are far away, than the shipping cost might climb.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?perfPackages=1&curpage=3&startrow=11&pkgid=51

14097494.jpg

GM PART # 14096011
CATEGORY: Engine Fuel Intake Manifold
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $241.00
OUR PRICE: $175.45

DESCRIPTION: MANIFOLD
This manifold is a cast iron version of the aluminum Z-28 intake manifold. It offers the breathing benefits of a high-rise intake manifold in a less expensive package. It is recommended for Chevy enthusiasts on a budget, and for racers competing in classes which require a cast iron intake manifold. It is also suited to marine applications because cast iron is less susceptible to corrosion damage than aluminum. Technical Notes: The carburetor mounting pad accepts both standard flange and spread-bore four-barrel carburetors. This manifold is identified by orange paint on the Bow Tie.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GM PART # 14097494
CATEGORY: Engine Fuel Intake Manifold
PACK QTY: 1
CORE CHARGE: $0.00
GM LIST: $241.00
OUR PRICE: $175.45

DESCRIPTION: MANIFOLD
This high-rise cast iron manifold fits all 1987 and later 305 and 350 Chevrolet engines with cast iron cylinder heads. This is the same height as the Z-28 aluminum manifold P/N 14096011. The difference is the center two bolt holes are at 72º angles by spot facing the flange instead of the normal 90º angle. No EGR design. This manifold replaces P/N 14096241.

delsol

thanks john . great price on that. i am on a tight budget till it gets out of shop..?????
so far
new crate motor
starter
alt.
f/p, manifolds, w/p almost every bolt on will be new, w/rebuild carb also, so i got an after market for now $99 clone of factory. if all goes well i run fresh water and i will get a used one on ebay and replace it later. i still need belts houses. engine coupler. that's not counting if my drive is ok.
bob
bring another thousand dollars
thats for sure

John_S

Rear Admiral

Be extra careful with those clones. I have heard most are coming from China, and there have been reports of not sealing well, and poor machining. Could be urban legend, but worth the effort to do a close inspection and be wary of possible vacuum and water passage leaks.

MN86_4winns

Seaman Apprentice

I just purchased Edelbrock Preformer Intake (#2104) and Edelbrock 600 Marine Carb (#1409) for my new long block 350. Summit Racing prices: Intake $163 and Carb $319.

delsol

i got the edelbrock from summit also w/shipping $130 but not the same one i think

delsol

great info on the carb. if i had seen it last nt. i would have briught one vrs buying rebuit. for $249 + shipping q-jet.
always happens. but i had a edelbrock, on a 71 chevelle but it was faster and ran better on the q-jet. my buddy had great luck with his edelbrock on his boat
bob

John_S

Rear Admiral

Delsol, no worry about the Edelbrock. I assumed you were talking about one of those $100 ones, like Cyclone.

delsol

i should have got their new car for $70 more vrs getting a rebuilt q-jet online. hope its a good one. my local carb rebuilder wanter $275 u.s he's a theif. the carb sat 10 years and owner said it stalled and i want the installer to have no problems with motor