Barack, you have some splainin' to dooooo

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer
Less than two months after ascending to the United States Senate, Barack Obama bought more than $50,000 worth of stock in two speculative companies whose major investors included some of his biggest political donors.

One of the companies was a biotech concern that was starting to develop a drug to treat avian flu. In March 2005, two weeks after buying about $5,000 of its shares, Mr. Obama took the lead in a legislative push for more federal spending to battle the disease.

The most recent financial disclosure form for Mr. Obama, an Illinois Democrat, also shows that he bought more than $50,000 in stock in a satellite communications business whose principal backers include four friends and donors who had raised more than $150,000 for his political committees.

A spokesman for Mr. Obama, who is seeking his party’s presidential nomination in 2008, said yesterday that the senator did not know that he had invested in either company until fall 2005, when he learned of it and decided to sell the stocks. He sold them at a net loss of $13,000.

The spokesman, Bill Burton, said Mr. Obama’s broker bought the stocks without consulting the senator, under the terms of a blind trust that was being set up for the senator at that time but was not finalized until several months after the investments were made.

Huh, imagine that.

Add the stock deal to this:

Mr. Obama, who declined to be interviewed about the stock deals, has already had to contend with a controversy that arose out of his reliance on a major campaign contributor in Chicago to help him in a personal financial transaction. In that earlier case, he acknowledged last year that it had been a mistake to involve the contributor, a developer who has since been indicted in an unrelated political scandal, in deals related to the Obamas’ purchase of a home...

His wife, Michelle, a hospital vice president in Chicago, received a promotion that March, nearly tripling her salary to $317,000, and they bought a $1.6 million house in June. The house sat on a large property that was subdivided to make it more affordable, and one of Mr. Obama’s political donors bought the adjacent lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think slave owner ancestors are the least of his problems.

OldMercsRule

Captain
Re: Barack, you have some splainin' to dooooo

Firestar said:
Less than two months after ascending to the United States Senate, Barack Obama bought more than $50,000 worth of stock in two speculative companies whose major investors included some of his biggest political donors.

One of the companies was a biotech concern that was starting to develop a drug to treat avian flu. In March 2005, two weeks after buying about $5,000 of its shares, Mr. Obama took the lead in a legislative push for more federal spending to battle the disease.

The most recent financial disclosure form for Mr. Obama, an Illinois Democrat, also shows that he bought more than $50,000 in stock in a satellite communications business whose principal backers include four friends and donors who had raised more than $150,000 for his political committees.

A spokesman for Mr. Obama, who is seeking his party’s presidential nomination in 2008, said yesterday that the senator did not know that he had invested in either company until fall 2005, when he learned of it and decided to sell the stocks. He sold them at a net loss of $13,000.

The spokesman, Bill Burton, said Mr. Obama’s broker bought the stocks without consulting the senator, under the terms of a blind trust that was being set up for the senator at that time but was not finalized until several months after the investments were made.

Huh, imagine that.

Add the stock deal to this:

Mr. Obama, who declined to be interviewed about the stock deals, has already had to contend with a controversy that arose out of his reliance on a major campaign contributor in Chicago to help him in a personal financial transaction. In that earlier case, he acknowledged last year that it had been a mistake to involve the contributor, a developer who has since been indicted in an unrelated political scandal, in deals related to the Obamas’ purchase of a home...

His wife, Michelle, a hospital vice president in Chicago, received a promotion that March, nearly tripling her salary to $317,000, and they bought a $1.6 million house in June. The house sat on a large property that was subdivided to make it more affordable, and one of Mr. Obama’s political donors bought the adjacent lot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think slave owner ancestors are the least of his problems.

That's gonna be a li'l tricky for ol' Bamma, (ol' Barack). Broker discretion is very hard to get approved at a major "Wire House". Maybe Barack's broker was workin' for a cheezy place like ol' Hill's was, (Ol' Hillary), when she made that $100,000. If iboats lets me I'll tell you guys about that one if she wins the nomination! Great sport here! 8)8)8) JR

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Geez. At this rate, the mud slinging will surely bury all of us Way before the election. :^

Look up the word Innuendo. ;)

OldMercsRule

Captain

WillyBWright said:
Geez. At this rate, the mud slinging will surely bury all of us Way before the election. :^

Yes Willy! That's what we are hopin' for! Get 'em Hillary! Great sport! JR 8)8)

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Whatever happened to Mr Smith? He was clean, wasn't he?

rolmops

Vice Admiral

The sorry thing is that Barack lost about $10000 overall on the stock deal.
Hillarie's $100000 deal was in the commodities market,to be precise in cattle speculation and yes it was borderline and smelled of insider trading.
I would appreciate it if Obama's career is kept separate from Hillarie's,mostly because they are not one and the same person and their personal and public lives are really not very comparable.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

rolmops said:
Hillarie's $100000 deal was in the commodities market,to be precise in cattle speculation and yes it was borderline and smelled of insider trading.
I would appreciate it if Obama's career is kept separate from Hillarie's,mostly because they are not one and the same person and their personal and public lives are really not very comparable.

Oh rolmops, from my perspective they have very much in common. Enough to lump them both in the same basket and avoid them like the plague!

OldMercsRule

Captain

rolmops said:

Nope Rolmops! It was grain futures! I know the story real well, n' I will 'splain it to ya if she gets the nomination! Obama n' Hillary are fightin' for the same thing right now, so as much as you would like to protect 'em both n' keep us from pickin' on 'em, it jus' will not work. I bet Hillary bombs Obama before he gets to third base, (I could be wrong). She coulda dropped this bomb for all we know, great sport! 8)8) JR

bassman284

Commander

It was cattle futures, Murkey. Google Hilary cattle futures. Or does it make you feel better to think it was grain?

Firestar

Chief Petty Officer

They're all a bunch of greedy self serving crooked sociopaths and narcissists. :|Where oh where can there be a decent one to be found?:'(

agitator

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Ol Bammer sounds like will fit right in.d8)

ob

Admiral

That's why many if not most politicians became or seek to become politicians.It's a matter of leverage.If the allegations are accurate,the poor guy was just following his predecessors leads.Isn't it ironic that the only messiah that we the sheeple can turn to for a remedy and heart felt honesty is yet another politician.Tune in to the next episode.Or not.

waterinthefuel

Commander

Looks like haut is really quiet on this one....

OldMercsRule

Captain

bassman284 said:
It was cattle futures, Murkey. Google Hilary cattle futures. Or does it make you feel better to think it was grain?

I "Feel" just fine bassman, and stand corrected it was cattle futures. JR

Fly Rod

Commander

The verdict is in!!!

I'm voting for "BUSH!!!" in 2008 8) d:)