Newt the Confessor

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Seems that Newt was having an extramarital affair, while he was in the process of trying to fry Bill Clinton.......
but he doesn't think that he should be viewed as a hypocrite because of it.....
I am not going to list all of his transgressions, but......
How can he possibly think that he is still a viable candidate for President?........JK

heycods

Captain
Re: Newt the Confessor

I wouldnt vote for him, Not that I dissagree with his politics, I just feel its a wasted vote. But I wouldnt vote for Ted Kenedy either. (wonder why they do,) I am not going to be guilty of wasting a vote again as I did with Ross, Look what that got me into!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Yep Haut, it's all a pretty poor showing. Probably enought to cook his goose. (if it was really ever in the oven to begin with) Just wish that the you Lefties would apply the same judgement to Ted Kennedy.

bekosh

Lieutenant

Why does Newt having an affair while trying to fry Bill for perjury make him a hypocrite?
Did he lie under oath to a grand jury about it?

I don't want Newt as President either. I would rather he write some more novels. His Gettysburg/Grant comes east series that he co-wrote with William R. Forstchen are excellent.

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

I wonder what the percentage of politicians having affairs is compared to the public at large?

oddjob

Commander

Rudy had an affair didnt he?...and hes crushing everybody in the poll!...thx slick Dilly Willy///8)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Parrott_head said:
I wonder what the percentage of politicians having affairs is compared to the public at large?
Don't know the answer to that, but there's madam that's getting ready to let everybody know.

03/09/07-
"Federal prosecutors want to keep a California woman accused of running a prostitution business in the District from identifying her former clients.
Deborah J. Palfrey, who was indicted last week on racketeering and other felony charges, has announced plans to sell off more than a decade's worth of customer phone records so she can hire an attorney. "

http://washingtontimes.com/metro/20070308-113559-1143r.htm

heycods

Captain

oddjob said:
Rudy had an affair didnt he?...and hes crushing everybody in the poll!...thx slick Dilly Willy///8)

Are you saying Hillary needs to have an affair? Fat chance
26.gif
26.gif

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

He's just talking a page from Candidacy 101. Get the bad stuff out early before your opponents can. He is keeping options open. There is nothing remotely sincere in what he says.

No thanks, Newt. I'll pass

Jinx

rolmops

Vice Admiral

bekosh said:
Why does Newt having an affair while trying to fry Bill for perjury make him a hypocrite?

I don't want Newt as President either. I would rather he write some more novels. His Gettysburg/Grant comes east series that he co-wrote with William R. Forstchen are excellent.

Newt was not trying to fry Bill Clinton for perjory.
Newt's affair broke into the open well before the perjury part of the Lewinsky affair started.
His problem was that he was playing "holier than thou" and then he was found out .There were one or two other republicans whose political career ended at roughly the same time for the same reason.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

rolmops said:
bekosh said:

Newt was not trying to fry Bill Clinton for perjory.
Newt's affair broke into the open well before the perjury part of the Lewinsky affair started.
His problem was that he was playing "holier than thou" and then he was found out .There were one or two other republicans whose political ended at roughly the same time for the same reason.

Correct you are indeed, the other blowhard was Bob Livingston of Louisiana.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Newt the Confessor.. Ok.

Bill the confessor... Nope! it just doesn't have the "ring of truth". Does it? Can't confess if you lie about it.
"Character" can be a noun or a virtue. I'll vote for the virtue.

bekosh

Lieutenant

I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Bill Clinton was impeached for perjury, not adultery. But if you can show otherwise....:|

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Newt for Prez? Hah! The only R candidate with worse odds is Tommy Thompson. But then ol Tommy has always had a pretty high opinion of himself. Sometimes I think he's more delusional that Dubya. ;)

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

12Footer said:
Newt the Confessor.. Ok.

Bill the confessor... Nope! it just doesn't have the "ring of truth". Does it? Can't confess if you lie about it.
"Character" can be a noun or a virtue. I'll vote for the virtue.

Good spin 12......;)
If'n I 'fess up befo' I'm catched, it's OK......;):)
I love it!.......

bekosh

Lieutenant

WillyBWright said:
Newt for Prez? Hah! The only R candidate with worse odds is Tommy Thompson. But then ol Tommy has always had a pretty high opinion of himself. Sometimes I think he's more delusional that Dubya. ;)
I think Tommy's goal is to have a good showing in Iowa, top 3 finish maybe, then push for a VP nomination. Then use that to run for the top job in 2012 or 2016. Nothing delusional about it. Iowa is a caucus not an election and Tommy is outstanding at getting the party organization in line and that is very important in a caucus.
Here is the wikipedia page on how the caucus works.
Wiki

Tommy makes some sense as a VP nominee. The Dem's won WI in the last 2 presidental elections by razor thin margins. Tommy could easily tip WI into the "R" column.

bassman284

Commander

From Newtie's standpoint, the beauty of being a Republican philanderer with moral turpitude problems is that the wingnuts will forgive anything as long as you promise to reduce their taxes.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Why has no one responded to Bekosh's legitimate challenge? There was an awful lot of discussion about perjury this week and our collective memories have just bllitzefwipped? I am not sure how else to communicate online except with words, like their literal meanings . . . Perjury is one thing, marital affairs are another. I am not condoning either behavior, it just so happens that one is illegal. It's amazing that the disinformation is sooooo powerful that even otherwise rational people have forgotten.

I have one more question for rational people. Did not Bill fry himself?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

A: Pious pontificating peckerheads......;)
Ala Jim Bakker & such....
The rehub. right clings to,
No..... Kisses the Bums of the religious right....
It makes their transgressions especially heinous & hypocratic....
IE, to rail on about why it is so wrong to do exactly what you are doing yourself......
Who was the guy that was 'miraculoulsy cured" of "Brokeback Syndrome" after a month of rehab....
PUH-;)LEEEEEZ!.......