Looking for information on my '85 16' Lowe

Shifty

Cadet
I have had the boat for about 5 years now. It is a 1985 Side Console 16' with a 50 hp Merc. The color is light brown with a blue and orange sticker package with a bass on the side of it.

I cannot find a model type for it. It does have a front and rear casting deck...with storage under the front deck. It has a livewell in the only mounted bench style seat behind the console.

I was removing the carpet and found the front deck looks to be homemade. Did Lowe make a boat that year with just a rear casting deck? If you have any info on what model this is please let me know.

If you need photo's of it I can try to post them...or would probably be easier to just e-mail them to you. Any help on the information would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Shifty

Cadet
Re: Looking for information on my '85 16' Lowe

OK first shot at trying photo's...bear with me.

You will see a shot of the overall boat, the front, the side sticker package, the front deck storage hatch, then inside of the front deck storage...you will see what I mean. The hatch lid and inside of the hatch just seem unfinished...they are still sturdy and seem to be professional but just does not seem to be "Factory" made.

Also excuse the mess...and yes that is a ghillie suit hanging from my trolling motor.

Attachments

• Hpim0079.jpg
    58 bytes · Views: 0
  • Hpim0080.jpg
  • Hpim0081.jpg
  • Hpim0082.jpg
  • Hpim0083.jpg
  • 1st.jpg

Shifty

Cadet

Guess that didn't work...:/

Shifty

Cadet

Anyone know how to post pics?

bbBoard.cgi

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Shifty, you will have to host them somewhere.
Go to putfile.com and upload them there and then get the url to them and then use the [ img] [/ img] tags to insert them between.
If you don't want to go to all that hassle, just email them to me and I will host them for ya.
sbn at zoominternet.net

Shifty

Cadet

fullside.jpg

Under Front Deck (Storage Compartment)
Hpim0083.jpg

Hpim0082.jpg

Hpim0080.jpg

Front Storage Hatch
Hpim0079.jpg

Thanks for the help.

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi Shifty it looks like you and I have the same boat although I am not positive they are the same year. Mine is a Lowe Bass Catcher Pro 16. It was registered as a 1985 but the research I have done indicates it is probably an 82 or 83. The last year this model was produced was 1985. Mine has a US Coast Guard compliance plate with the model year and name on it. It was riveted to the side of the console when I bought it last summer. It is still in the rebuild stage, but ran fast and well last summer on several test runs. I love mine so far and hope to have it finished by late spring, it's still as cold as h*** in Canada.

Shifty

Cadet

So yours does have this same front decking built on it?

Thanks for the reply....also it is not cold as He## here in Texas!!!

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

My front deck looks identical to yours from what I can see in your pictures. It also looks identical to every other picture I have seen of a Lowe Bass Catcher Pro on the net. Once it warms up a bit here I can get some pictures of my rig and send you any photo's that you would like.

Shifty

Cadet

Thanks for the help...would like to see photo's of yours.

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

It finally warmed up enough to get some photo's. Have never posted photo's before so here goes. If you need any photo's of specific areas let me know.

Side-1.jpg

Fullboat-1.jpg

FrontDeckCloseup-1.jpg

FrontDeck-1.jpg

Bow-1.jpg

Shifty

Cadet

Thanks for the comparisson photo's...could you take some of the gas tank compartment , the rear deck a bit closer, and that rolled lip that goes form the center floor to the upper deck (the top edge).

Thanks again!!!

Also I just got finished recarpeting mine tonight so I will post photo's of it in a little bit after these thunderstorms roll thru.

Shifty

Cadet

Ok the carpet for the "Cat Burglar" is all done...next time I will just have it Rhino Lined with a tan/brown tint I think.

Here's a few shots....my neighbor came over last night and said I needed to repaint it....I told him I am more of a Corvette on the inside/Vega on the outside kinda fisherman...he did not understand.

Hpim0106.jpg

Hpim0108.jpg

Hpim0107.jpg

Hpim0109.jpg

Hpim0110-1.jpg

Hpim0111.jpg

Hpim0114.jpg

Hpim0116.jpg

Got all done turned around to pull her to my boat slip and this was staring me in the face outside my garage door...

Hpim0103.jpg

Glad I have a boat handy cause it's a frog floater!

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Got the pictures you wanted this morning. Please excuse the mess the boat is in, it is geting a complete new wiring job and bracking under the decks to stiffen the seat posts.

Rear Deck with deck in place and deck removed.

RearDeck.jpg

RearDeck-2.jpg

RearDeck-1.jpg

The lip you were asking about is a fold of carpet that the previous owner did when installing the carpet. It looks good but I am concerned about tripping on it and winding up in the lake. My balance is not what it used to be and I was always clumsey.

FrontDeckLip.jpg

FrontDeckLip-1.jpg

Hope these are what you were looking for, By the way your new carpeting job looks great.

Shifty

Cadet

Thanks for the photos those were exactly what I was requesting. Answered alot of questions I had.

If you don't mind would you keep me posted on the progress your making...I was thinking about rewiring mine and your idea of using conduit is truly innovative at the least.

e-mail me any other photos you may have if you don't mind gwturnerk-9@hotmail.com

***Update on the "Cat Burglar"***

I have had her in my boat slip for the past week and she seems to be taking on a bit of water (I have an automatic bilge and keep an extension cord hooked up to my on board charger, so it keep the water level sorta low in the hull)...need to figure out where it is coming from. Before I put her in the water I filled the hull with water and could not see where any leaks would of been...dunno will have to try another way to findout.

bigwilly

Recruit

so i thought i had the last of these awesome little boats i put a 70 evinrude on mine even though its rated for a 60 which is kind of a no no but its not the worst thing in the world this lil boat will fly i put a 12 gallon tank in the replace the two 6's it had a 67 pound thrust motorguide brute which will throw u out of the boat if its on 24 volts and 5 speed but its nice to have in the current below the dams and i went with a rhino liner instead of carpet the carpet gets too dirty too fast

HondaPower

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bigwilly how does it handle with a 70 on it. Mine has a 50 mariner and gives me about 35 - 37 miles per hour, would love to try a 70 on mine.

bigwilly

Recruit

not awhole lot more than that 42ish with me and a buddy and just our bows i bowfish out of it but i've got a removable platform in the front to shoot off ] with 6 gallons of gas and one battery when i first got it a guy told me about 46 to 47 when we were side by side and it has an awesome hole shot the entire boat comes out of the water if u punch it i want to upgrade but i dont think i could get rid of it its my baby