The best vacuum ever?

SoulWinner

Commander
I'm postin this as a public service. We have had a bunch of vacuum cleaners over the years and we have never really been satisfied with any of them. A few years ago my bIL got a Rainbow. It was neat and seemed towork pretty good, but it was A: Really danged expensive and B: just too gimicky. So then my brother got a Dyson and raved about it. He let my mom borrow it and she was amazed. Then there was an unfortunate incident with my Bissel and a burning ember by the fire place that ended the life of that machine:%
So I got a Dyson, the purple one with the ball. I hate the color, but this vacuum is the best one I have ever used. Every week I am amazed at what it picks up. We have two inside puppies, so we got the one for animals. It is incredible. Compared to the Bissel ( and every other vacuum I have owned) it picks up so much dust and puppy fur that I guess I need to vacuum more often. My point is, if you have indoor pets or lots of dust, you should consider the Dyson. It is just about the best money we ever spent.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant
Re: The best vacuum ever?

I've always found the best vacuum to be one that someone else is using. d:)d:)d:)

tommays

Admiral

I bought a DC 14 IT ROCKS i am haveing sheetrock work done and the dust is getting around :(

the old vacume bag cloged in about 5 minutes the DC14 just keeps on cleaning off the wood floors :)

It has to much power for some things as hard as that is to believe :)

Tommays

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Links and pictures are always a plus!:p

gonefishie

Commander

The lady of the house bought a Herbie, I almost crapped my pants at the price tag, that darn thing is one mean vacuum. It's also have transferable lifetime warranty. We will never have to buy another vacuum.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Nice avatar, dude...I mean...SW...in the parlance of our times.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

My wife got a Dyson a few years ago and I have to agree with SW it's the best vacuum I've ever used it's almost indestructable as well and belive me I've tried to kill it numerous times. The only thing that nearly did for it was damp brick dust.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Holy carp!!! That thing looks like the robot from Lost in Space, and the price . . . "danger Will Robinson". Like all good tools, I guess you get what you pay for though. We are on our third Hoover ($180 ish), self propelled in 10 years :eek:

Pony

Rear Admiral

We grabbed a few Dyson's off the shelf at work when our store opened a year and a half ago because the commercial grade ones didnt come in yet.

Long story short, the 2 Dyson's are still used on a nightly basis.....we have replaced the Commercial grade's 4 times now.

I bought my mom the DC-14 Animal for $200. Its great!

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander

They all suck.

Oh yeah, I went there.

spots

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The darn thing looks like a Transformer.....you know....one of those machines that morfs into a light saber wielding super machine person. Looks like it just come off the Star Ship Enterprise.:^

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I liked the one in "Spaceballs the movie". OBJ's comment abt the transformer reminded me of it.:d:)d:).

dave4151

Seaman

When my wife and I first started living together she destroyed my K-Mart Eureka in about 2 months from her constant (once a day) vacuuming. We now have a Dyson DC07 Animal I got remanufactured over a year ago. The thing works great except I was fired up a bit the other night and went to pull the hose out of the handle and didn't press the button and ripped the hose. I went online and ordered a new one. They are a little hefty on the price but so far I think they are well worth it.

SoulWinner

Commander

We have been married for twenty years and had our share of vacuums. We were really poor for the first ten years and got whatever we afford from wally world. Complete wastes of money. Since then we have had a couple of more expensive models, but I was never happy with their performance. I have to say that this thing is the first machine we have had that I classify as an actual "vacuum" cleaner, and it never loses suction! That is the second best part. The first being that it actually develops suction in the first place. I still can't believe what this thing picks up. Here is an anecdote:

I used to hang out with a guy who is computer nerd. He spent at least ten hours a day sitting at his computer, chain smoking cigarettes. He lived alone in this filthy little apartment and NEVER dusted or cleaned the filters in the HVAC system. When he would work on my computer he always remarked that my computers were just loaded with dust, and his were always much cleaner on the inside, despite being coated with film from the cigarette smoke. Eventually I traced the high dust levels in my computer to our indoor dogs, and our old vacuum didn't pick up hardly any dust in the canister. But this Dyson fills the canister with dust every week. The difference between the Dyson and the other vacs we have used is just amazing.

So I would recommend this vacuum to anyone with indoor pets; but it so good that anyone with carpet would love a Dyson.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

We've had one vacuum for 18 years. Works perfect. It is built-in.

I have an old Kirby that I bought as a refurb back in 1970. It's been sitting up in the un-insulated garage attic for 18 years. I assume it still works if it has not cooked.

Nova II 260

Senior Chief Petty Officer

They all suck! However, Dyson sucks and Rocks! But pet hair will load the brush. some one need to invent a self cleaning brush gizzmo for long haired pets or a different brush style.

yukerdogg.jpg

Our Chinese Hairy Bellied Pig (on euchre night.)

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Yeah, I have been wanting to get a Dyson since they first came out. I have heard rumor of them not holding up, but I have also heard more from people who have had great success with them. I just seem to always have something else to spend 500 bones on...