Weather.com Radar

LadyFish

Admiral
If you haven't checked your local radar yet at weather.com, please do. It's awesome.

It's changed to an aerial view if you click on sattelite. You can zoom into your favorite fishing spot and see if its raining there. They also have an option for roads so if you have to travel you can see if its raining on your route.

You no longer have to enter another zip code just scroll around the world with your mouse and zoom in.

Very cool. 8)

http://www.weather.com/outlook/trav...ur_map_large&zoom=7&interactiveMapLayer=radar

bjcsc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Weather.com Radar

Wow. That is great. They shoud have done this a long time ago. Very nice!! Thanks for the headsup!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

That's neat.....sorta like Google Earth with weather. 8)

LadyFish

Admiral

The aerial is a little old but very cool anyway. d:)

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Strange, Ive just got back from fishing one of my local ponds, it's been raining all day but the satellite image (which was updated today at 4.40pm local time) shows brilliant sunshine, also the lilly pads in the bottom left of the pond were removed 2 years ago.
This satellite must be in a very distant orbit for the live view of the earth to have taken 2 light years to reach it.

Edit:
It gets better, the image of my house which was updated today at 4.40pm (1 hour ago) shows a nice green well mowed lawn in my back garden. I dug that up and built my workshop 4 years ago.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

RPJS said:
Strange, Ive just got back from fishing one of my local ponds, it's been raining all day but the satellite image (which was updated today at 4.40pm local time) shows brilliant sunshine, also the lilly pads in the bottom left of the pond were removed 2 years ago.
This satellite must be in a very distant orbit for the live view of the earth to have taken 2 light years to reach it.

Edit:
It gets better, the image of my house which was updated today at 4.40pm (1 hour ago) shows a nice green well mowed lawn in my back garden. I dug that up and built my workshop 4 years ago.

That means you are moving way to fast.
Slow down some.:devil:

jimlad

Chief Petty Officer

8) cool i am in a cloud here then 8)

OldMercsRule

Captain

Very Kool LF, Zoomed in on the ol' Island. It was the same 1997 satelite pic as is on TerraServer, (I think that is Micro Soft's version). Still, that is very Kool. Thank You JR

JUSTINTIME

Captain

NOAA.gov is the only place u should get weather reports
all these other guys use their satellite's to project the weather
weather changes every 15mins
i have taken 2 years of weather class, learned a ton on weather and climate changes, very cool subject

LadyFish

Admiral

JIT, I agree. I have eleven weather links but NOAA is #1 for pinpoint accuracy. Anyone that lives on the water such as we do knows that.

I do occasionally check the local radar on weather.com however, thats when I found this new feature.