TV Gurus, I need help

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
I have a mitsubishi VS5002R rear projection TV that lost pic and sound. There is still power to the startup relays, the remote does trigger them,but that's about it.
I can't seem to find any sam's data on this set iether.
Any ideas of where to begin to troubleshoot this beast?
It's waaay too big and heavy to transport...Any leads on findin a schematic for it? I tried sam's main site, used their search feature, and drew a blank.

I have had many years in a TV shop (mostly stereo and radio repair), but that was back in the 70's-early 80's. And this critter is strange inside :{
Any advice is GREATLY appreciated.Thanks in advance.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: TV Gurus, I need help

You on antenna, cable, satellite or what, 12Footer?

Could be a loss of signal.

Do you have a VCR or DVD you could try it with?

Pony

Rear Admiral

I agree with JB.....make sure it is the Tv and not an input device causing the problem.

If it is the Tv, chances are parts arent going to be availabe or if they are, they wont be cheap. You may want to venture to avsforum.com...... its like the iboats of video audio equipment. I have been a member there awhile and there is a ton of information there. The guys there can get into the service menu of almost anything and probably can help you out quite a bit.

Otherwise look at the brightside, the tv will be obsolete shortly and now you have an excuse to buy a nice HD set. 8)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Thanks, JB and thanks for the site, Pony.
I was looking at the HV side, thinking it was killing the supply there. But come to dwell on it --- it did fail shortly after being plugged into cable!
I'll check that out along with the webisite.

i386

Captain

I'm guessing the Norton AV on your TV is out of date. 8)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

i386 said:
I'm guessing the Norton AV on your TV is out of date. 8)
Well i dunno about out-of-date....But the thing lost A/V altogether (chuckle) :)