Three Little Kittens

crunch

Commander
Re: Three Little Kittens

LOL... it would even better if it was a requirement to vote or hold public office. :p

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

So who would be President now with that rule? Sure couldn't be Dubya. ;)

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Plainsman said:
Quote Jason:
"I like to believe I have been getting along fine here for the last six years, but then most of my post count is in the help section, not here. I could go on about people who come to Iboats, never actually contribute to any help sections, and just stir up poo in DC, but that usually is realized eventually by the population here.

Yeah, I know answering questions in the help section isn't a necessity to use DC, but most of the people here have areas of expertize that have helped countless amounts of people. There are the others who come and ask questions about their boat issues. Then we have people who come, ask two token questions in a help forum, then run up a high post count stirring poo in DC. If a person doesn't have a boat problem, and doesn't answer a boat question, what on earth could compell them to stay on a boat site if they are not here to cause problems?"

I may fit into that as I know very little about fixing boats or outboards. But if I can, I do try, if only getting the year of a motor for someone. What little I do know, I have learned here, at iboats. Of my 2385 posts, I bet only a couple of hundred are outside of DC. But as long as I am allowed on this site, I will post to help other boaters as well as my opinon. Not an attack, just my point of view (my God ,I sound PC :'( someone slap me) But it's to bad it has come to this.:':)devil:

Yeah, it was hard to post that because I can't truely know the motivations as to why someone comes here. Do they just lurk in the other sections and post in DC? I can't possibly know, so it isn't fair for me to assume that just because someone only posts in DC that they are only here to cause trouble. I can only go by how things appear. It's more of a curiosity to me why people would go to a boat site to only talk politics when there are a million other sites for that, but whatever trips their trigger I guess...

heck, most of the reason I post what I post in the political stuff is because it is boring if you have fifteen posts that consists of agreement smilies. Differing views sparks conversation on a subject, and I learn quite a bit in those conversations. I don't think my view is right, or the only view, and if I am wrong I want to be given an intelligent reason why I am wrong, not a slew of degrading insults on my belief system. That is why I am this agressive against the poo stirrers. I want to learn just like anyone else, but a poo stirrer has nothing to teach me if they lack an ability to function in adult conversational settings.

Heck, I could have cared less about politics until the Clinton years. I was too busy worrying about divorce and the resulting bankruptcy. But I started to see things during the Clinton years that caused me to pause and start thinking about this stuff.

There are folks here that have fogotten more about politics than I'll ever know, so I pay close attention, but I filter out the personal bias. There are some that I have no idea what they are trying to say through the bias. I don't know. All I am saying is if a person has an adult message to say, be an adult when they say it. The message gets lost in the BS...

treedancer

Commander

Quote JasonJ

there are some that I have no idea what they are trying to say through the bias. I don't know. All I am saying is if a person has an adult message to say, be an adult when they say it. The message gets lost in the BS...

I might add, imagine that the monitor on you computer is the person’s face that you are talking to, and get rid of the cornpone speech, talk like you would to a person face to face.

JasonJ said:
Yeah, it was hard to post that because I can't truely know the motivations ...

heck, most of the reason I post what I post in the political stuff is because it is boring if you have fifteen posts that consists of agreement smilies. ...

Heck, I could have cared less about politics until the Clinton years. .

...There are folks here that have fogotten more about politics than I'll ever know...

"I have met the enemy and they are us" (unknown)