It just dawned on me...

Ralph 123

Captain
It just dawned on my why all these "journalists" and talking heads are making such a big deal out of the situation in Iraq. These people never had to actually do anything real in their life. They have no idea how difficult it is to get something substantive accomplished. All they do is flap their gums or poud their keyboards. These aren't the kind of people who ever built or ran a company, or a house, or a car or a boat. They live in bubbles in places like NY where they never get their hands dirty doing something REAL. All they know how to do is critisize, condem and complain... 3 months after th end of the war and these MORONS think it should be like the US.<br /><br />And another thing, do any of these people realize that if even a significant minority of people in Iraq were against us, we would be losing a lot more people each day? They country is FULL of weapons and these people could cause real problems if they wanted to...<br /><br />Geroldo Revera of all people did a report the other day talking about how good things are over there based on his latest visit. Geroldo! Nobody can accuse Geroldo of being right wing!

KennyKenCan

Commander
Re: It just dawned on me...

I have been trying to say that for a while now Ralph.<br /><br />The biggest problem in Iraq is the press, not policy.<br /><br />I still cannot believe the media keeps saying how many soldiers have died since the end of the war.<br /><br />What end of the war?<br /><br />Not one person in the current administration ever said that the war in Iraq was over, just the end to major conflict.<br /><br />President Bush said that there was going to be more soldiers lost before this thing would be totally resolved in Iraq.<br /><br />But...every night on the evening news, there is some reporter who always asks "why are our soldiers still dieing after the end of the war".<br /><br />The media just wants to undermine our government, because they can, and no one is regulating them.<br /><br />They can report or say anything they want with immunity from prosicution, because all they have to say is that their sources were not reputable, but they are quick to rip apart the President for using inacurrate info, that at the time was the best available.<br /><br />The media should look in the mirror, for then they are just as guilty.<br /><br />Kenny

Ralph 123

Captain

The media just wants to undermine our government, because they can
I think you're right. I also think they don't like anybody with an [R] next to their name....

TexSkeeter150

Petty Officer 1st Class

The media just wants to undermine our government, because they can, and no one is regulating them.<br /><br />They can report or say anything they want with immunity from prosicution, because all they have to say is that their sources were not reputable, but they are quick to rip apart the President for using inacurrate info, that at the time was the best available.
KennyKenCan,<br /> You are absolutley right. But, the good news is we do have the ability to regulate them. This is already starting to happen. The average proud American is getting sick and tired of the BS and crap the liberal media is spitting up everyday. Look how talk radio is taking off, look how cable news is almost catching up with the big 3. The fact is that people are not stupid and are capable of making there own decisions based off the truth, not spin and the ratings are starting to show that. Look how all the liberals are starting to use the "right-winged controlled media" as an excuse. I love it. We are still a long way from a truley un-biased media, but the change has started because the people are demanding it. I hope this liberal radio network the Clintons and folks are trying to put together works out. I'll give it 6 months at the most. Bad news, doom and gloom get old real quick. They can call it the "We all are going to die and it is the USA's fault" network. :rolleyes:

Ralph 123

Captain

I hear a great line last night, a guy said it is to bad that the once great party who once believed that we had nothing to fear but fear itself now only has fear left to peddle. So true!

Tacklewasher

Lieutenant Commander

I try to stay away from politics, honest I do. But I have two comments.<br /><br />1. Yes the media is unregulated. I hope that never changes. Having the media regulated and government controlled is the fastest way to hide the truth. If the media is forced to change to appeal to the audience, then that is great, but don't ever attempt to regulate them or you will give up far more than you gain.<br /><br />2. The major complaint I have had with both the war in Iraq and the followup action is that there was never a coherent plan put together and I see no evidence of the administration having thought through the long term and how they were going to rebuild the country. From day one, this has been my beef. Someone show me what the plan is and I'd love to read it to know what they are doing but it seems to me they are just winging it and reacting to daily events. I understand this was a war that was needed, but I do fault the administration for what seemed to be shortsightedness at the time. A good, flexible plan put forth at the UN would have gone a long way to bringing other countries on board (granted France and Germany were not chaging their votes).

KennyKenCan

Commander

I hope your right TexSkeeter.<br /><br />Unfortunatly here in NY I have not seen any changes in the way the media reports its misinformation.<br /><br />I really hope your right.<br /><br />Kenny

jimchere

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ralph, I have to agree with you and add a couple of thoughts. First off, you're on to something regarding where these journalists come from. Consider also where they are "educated"/brainwashed. Look at the mainstream universities with large journalism curricula and you find a true cadre of "ivory tower" elites. These professors inculcate their students with the high and mighty philosophy derived from a life of never having ever really faced a challenge. I know one of these people personally...an Aunt. Add to that our culture, and I think I've said this before. We have a generation of people who spent so much time in front of the boob tube that they think all major problems are solved in a 2 hour movie or 30 minute sitcom.

Ralph 123

Captain

Tacklewasher,<br /><br />You are as wrong about #2 and you are right about #1.<br /><br />Trust me when I tell you that #2 is what the media and the other critics want you to believe.<br /><br />Now come one, Bush is from HBS the land of strategy and planning and Rummsy doesn't brush his teeth w/o plan and neither does General Powell. Think about it. You may not know the details of the plan, but you can't really believe that these people have no plan. Your real beef is that YOU don't know the plan.<br /><br />I only care about nitty gritty details when I don't really trust the people I am dealing with. Then I want all the details down to the gnats azz. I trust these people moreso than any other public officials in my lifetime. I trust them becuase they have come through each and every time. They have earned my trust and they have it.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hey Tacklewasher,<br /><br />So then the media should not be held resposible for what they report?<br /><br />IMHO, I feel that the media should not report anything without knowing the source, or reporting on speculation.<br /><br />The media also manipulates what people are saying, to conform to their peticular point of veiw.<br /><br />This is the kind of regulation that the media needs.<br /><br />Just to be held responsible for what they report.<br /><br />Just as those who give weather forecasts should be held reponsible for panicing the public about an impeeding storm, they tell you to go out and get everything you would need to weather the storm, but the storm never materializes and the veiwing public goes out and spends millions of dollars that need not to have been spent.<br /><br />I really think the media gets its jolly's by panicing the public.<br /><br />They think its a big joke, that people will do whatever they tell them too, just because the media said so.<br /><br />The media needs to go back to the 1950's when the news was only 15 minutes long each day, and you got the news that was worth reporting, not the junk that gets reported today just because they need to fill that 60 minute time slot, only to be backed-up with another 60 minutes of the same retoric.<br /><br />Just my opinion.<br /><br />The media gets me in such a rage sometimes.<br /><br />Kenny

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

regretfully, dirty laundry and bad news gets<br />more ratings than good news will... and it's<br />all about ratings really.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Oh mellow, you have nailed it!<br /><br />Its all about the awards that THEY recieve that matters, not what needs to be told!<br /><br />Kenny

SCO

Lieutenant

War must be a lot like the weather, with unpredictabe twists and turns. I think the complaints about the current administration just shows that many do not comprehend how vulnerable we were and are. This is a time for action, not inaction. We don't have a choice about this one. We have to fight now, ready or not, plan or no plan.

SoulWinner

Commander

I would like to tweak one point made here. The media are trying to torpedo this administration, not the government. The media and government go together like cheese and grits when a liberal whacko is in office. Plans are already in place for a major push beginning in 2006 for Hillary to run for the big house.<br /><br />Lets not overlook th fact that the ONLY government department that actually accomplishes the tast it is given is the......you guessed it, the DOD. Their job is to win wars, and ever since the Reagan administration that is what they have been doing. So why is the only effective governmet agency the maedia's favorite whipping boy? Why does the media champion such lost causes as wellfare, the homeless crisis, the environmental crisis (anyone who read algore's book "Earth in the Balance" knows he and the rest of the environmental whackos have a tenuous grasp of reality at best), the ozone crisis, the global warming crisis, et al? Why does the media focus on such topics as how much Ken Star spent on the Clinton investigation, while ignoring the FACT that clinton spent houndreds of millions launching Americas most expensive and sophisticated missiles at such strategic targets as aspirin factories, depleating the Navy's supply of said missiles to critical levels, thus compromising the Navys ability to protect it's self and Americas international interests? Why did the media tear First Lady Reagan a new one when she bought new china for the white house, but make a joke out the way the departing clinton administration raped Air Force One, and vandalized the White House, including the West Wing? Why is it that the media was ga ga over hillary's top secret health plan and the clintons other plans to expand government control into nearly every facet of the lives of common Americans, and claim that Bush's ideas for shrinking government will only hurt those who depend on the government for food, medicine, houseing, etc.?? Whydoes the media agree with liberals in congress that they know better how spend our money then we do? Yes, the media agrees that government should dictate our medical services to us, thats not intrusive, is it? Yet the Homeland Security Act takes away too many ofour constitutional freedoms and is therefore "evil." How stupid do you have to be to actually believe this crap??????<br /><br />I guess the answere is to show we "intellectually lazy" individuals that we should really respect the baseless opinions of egocentric, sociopathic phsycotics such as Mike Moore, Al Frankin, James Careville etc. Sure, it's ok for Rosie ODonnel to say on her tv show "Bob Dole sucks!" because that is a statement base on imperical evidence :D But attack clinton???? Noooooo. Joycelyn Elders was a spot on choice for surgeon general. Janet Reno? Who in this great nation could have POSSIBLY done a better job of ordering the buring deaths of women and children in Wako, or running oversite in the murder of an innocent woman and child in Ruby Ridge?? Why, only clinton himself, if weren't too busy in the oval office with important matters of national.....hmmmm.....something..... Why is it that after the first Gulf War it was liberals that raised a stink about not ging into Iraq to get Saddom, and now that he is gone and America is healing a nation pierced and wounded by his cruel dictatorship, it is the liberals who whine like b!tches because they say we shouldn't have been there in the first place. I MUST be missing something here :confused: <br /><br />Why are the likes of Sean Penn, al frankin, james careville, etc lauded as "intellectual fighters for the freedom and betterment of America" while those who rely upon FACT founded statement such Rush, Sean Hannity, Drudge etc. are branded right wing extreamist fringe elements that are not to be taken seriously. Why is it that ABC, CBS NBC, CNN rank far behind Fox News in the markets wherein FN is available, and liberal talk radio is not even in competition with conservative talk radio, yet the liberal media still pounds out the same old lame mantra that most Americans are aligned with the ideals of the democratic party, and conservatism is the ruthless, vast conspiracy of rich, old white men to continue to dissinfranchise all other segments of the US population?? Maybe the book "Slouching Toward Gommorah" held the answers, or maybe it was just more the same old delusional dissinformation that so twisted my perception that I can't see how great Bill Clinton was and is. <br /><br />Some folks just can't seem to dislodge their heads from thier colons, but if and when I do pull my head outta there, it will be so refreshing to breath deeply in the air of knowledge that is so profound, that no amount of factual information or imperical evidence can shake my belief in the utterly unbelievable :)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Right on SCO.<br /><br />But most people don't get it.<br /><br />Kenny

Ralph 123

Captain

SCO you are dead right. Rommel said no plan survives contact with the enemy (people love to use the quote but hate to attribute it to him even though militray hsitorians will tell you he ranks up there with Lee)<br /><br />PW, the article says: "U.S. rushed post-Saddam planning" it does not say there is no plan! Shades of Exxon again. Sure they could have sat around and planned for years and made it "perfect" but:<br /><br />No plan survives contact and <br /><br />"Each indecision brings its own delays and days are lost lamenting over lost days... What you can do or think you can do, begin it. For boldness has magic, power, and genius in it." -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe<br /><br />But what do people like Goethe and Rommel know when compared to Gods like Kerry, Clinton, Grahm, Dean, Sharpton, Kisinich, Gephart, etc. etc.

SCO

Lieutenant

I dont always read the longer posts, but Soulwinner, that's a beaut. Well presented.

Ralph 123

Captain

EXCELLENT SW. SIMPLY EXCELLENT. BRAVO. BRAVO. BRAVO!