Eagle connection id

jal

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My Eagle sounder died. I want to splice the new sounders 12 volt plug into the old sounders wires, but I do not know which is the transducer or which is the power. Both of the old connections are round. One has two prongs in it and the other has about six to eight prongs. I believe the one with the most prongs to be the 12 volt connection??? Does anyone have an idea as to which is which.
Everything is so nice and neat and tied up under there I would hate to make a mistake.
Thanks for and help.

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Eagle connection id

[colour=blue]It would help to know the exact model.

On mine, looking at the back of the unit, the left side plug is power (+ & -) & transducer, the right side plug is temp and/or speed sensor.

Eagle use red for 12v positive and black for 12v ground.

untitled.jpg

jal

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dunaruna, thanks for the reply. The old sounder is an Eagle Optima, about ten years old. It came with the boat. There are no accessories, just a transducer cable and a power cable. The cable on right (looking at the back), I belive to be the transducer as it has part of a tag which says 'wide a____ T___'. This I think would leave the other cable to be the power. Am I thinking this correctly.
Thank you,
jal

jal

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dunaruna, the left cable is the transducer and the right is the 12 v power. I cut the ducer line on the transom and got continuity.
Thanks for the help.
jal

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

For your sake, I hope the transducer cable was not shielded. If it is, by cutting the cable you broke the shield and may now experience interference from a variety of sources.

jal

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Silvertip, the transducer et al is going to the land fil. I will use the cut cable to pull the new transducer cable thru to the helm. Thanks for the concern.
jal

Saskatoon2005

Master Chief Petty Officer

Glad everything worked out on your transducer problem.