OK, I'm switching sides...

crunch

Commander
Bush's approval rating is down to 28% because of the war in Iraq.

Most Americans think the war is lost.

More and more Republicans are calling for a pull out.

So I'm switching sides.... let's pull all of the troops out as step #1.

What's step #2?

Come on, I'm on your side now, let me in on the secrete of what will happen when we pull out.

What's the plan for when Iran and Saudi Arabia both rush to defend their respective sects from wholesale slaughter after we are gone?

What's the plan for when the oil stops flowing? (see above)

Hey, I'm one of you anti-war crowd now.... I just want to know what the plan is that I'm supporting. :p

BTW... not a troll post, I really want to know.

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
Re: OK, I'm switching sides...

Ask W to check his Magic 8 ball or maybe Nancy Reagan can call Jeanne Dixon and see what's up.......

D

DJ

Most Americans think the war is lost.

Everone keeps saying that, yet I don't know anyone that thinks that, iboats excluded..

crunch

Commander

Ask W to check his Magic 8 ball or maybe Nancy Reagan can call Jeanne Dixon and see what's up.......

Couldn't agree more Blu.... I kindda liked that wall, and the news has been really dull since the Towers fell and the economy got so good...

crunch

Commander

Everone keeps saying that, yet I don't know anyone that thinks that, iboats excluded..

Hey, get with the program... CBS polls show that 66% of Americans hate the war, think it's lost, and we can win by losing.

Don't you watch the news on TV?

bekosh

Lieutenant

Yup, the dems were right. The barbarians just can't peacefully coexist with themselves let alone the rest of the world. The only thing to do now is wait for the inevitable nuclear attack to kill a couple of 100k+ people. or even worse a bio-weapon attack that kills a couple of mil.
Then we can finaly in good conscience purge the Islamic threat with nuclear fire. Shouldn't have to kill more than 70 or 80 mil to end it once and for all.

Nuke

Hidden text below. Highlight with cursor.
I don't really want this. I just think that failure in Iraq and Afganistan would make it inevitable. It is literaly reform or die for the Islamic world.

crunch

Commander

So that's the plan!!!

I should have known.... us libs are a crafty bunch aren't we? :p

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Are you really cuttin and runnin or are you sittin on the fence so you can lean to the feel good side. :%

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Yup!
Bekosh is right!
We need a really good reason to unleash a righteous smiting.......;)
We will.....

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

"This is not the war we entered, but it's the war we find ourselves in." I'm convinced, let's just finish it.

btw crunch, you're a little out of step with your new program...pulling all the troops out is step 2. Step 1 is a full-court diplomatic press involving all the players in the region. According to your new leader Hill.

;)

crunch

Commander

Step 1 is a full-court diplomatic press involving all the players in the region.

The second battle group will be there in mid to late Feb... what? you want a 3rd sent?

Or do you really propose to negotiate with terrorist? You know, Iran and Syria. :}

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I elect jtexas to negotiate with the Islamists. He knows all the answers. :/

PW2

Commander

crunch said:
Step 1 is a full-court diplomatic press involving all the players in the region.

The second battle group will be there in mid to late Feb... what? you want a 3rd sent?

Or do you really propose to negotiate with terrorist? You know, Iran and Syria. :}

I'm glad you're switching sides, but I sense you are a bit confused.

The first thing you need to do is answer the following question: Is there a military solution in Iraq? Or not?

If you answer "Yes" , then how in the world can anyone dare to think that a measly 15% increase in force strength possibly hope to bring about a turnaround in the fortunes in Iraq. The Powell doctrine requires an overwhelming force to prevail.
If that is the case, we need to reinstitute the draft, put together a force of a half million or more, and win the stupid thing. It is criminal to expect a military solution without manning for one.

If you answer "No" , then there must be a political and diplomatic solution. There is no other alternative. It is not likely to reach a diplomatic solution without talking to anyone.

You cannot get into a rowboat from the dock and remain straddling the dock. You've got to choose either the rowboat or the dock.

treedancer

Commander

I want to know where jtexas got hold of my passport photo?:%

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

dude, I'm only reporting what I heard Hillary say, tonight, on national television.

I do recall Mr. Bush talkin bout involving Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and the United Nations. Sounds like he's already one step ahead of ya.

"He knows all the answers." coming from you that's a complement. but no, I just pay attention to what's going on and form my own opinions.

;)

crunch

Commander

I've corn fused many things... like popcorn... love popcorn. :p

The first thing you need to do is answer the following question: Is there a military solution in Iraq? Or not?

Duhhhh... it's like asking if you can keep your drains running free.... only if you want to.

If you answer "Yes" , then how in the world can anyone dare to think that a measly 15% increase in force strength possibly hope to bring about a turnaround in the fortunes in Iraq. The Powell doctrine requires an overwhelming force to prevail.
If that is the case, we need to reinstitute the draft, put together a force of a half million or more, and win the stupid thing. It is criminal to expect a military solution without manning for one.

Of course you have no idea of what a force multiplier is.. Ask, I’ll tell you.

If you answer "No" , then there must be a political and diplomatic solution. There is no other alternative. It is not likely to reach a diplomatic solution without talking to anyone.

There is a second task force delegated to the Gulf.... that talks loud and strong... or would you rather us just "squeak up"?

You cannot get into a rowboat from the dock and remain straddling the dock. You've got to choose either the rowboat or the dock.

Funny analogy, as your legs spread, and your tendons tear... you still want to debate whether there is a boat, or a dock for that matter.

Let me give you a more realistic analogy.

The little old lady next door has just gotten back on her feet after a rape and the killing of most of her children. The guy on the other side of the street says it didn’t really happen... and at the same time he is shooting holes in your windows and threatening to kill the old lady. What do you do?

Do you just ignore it?

What is your”socially responsible duty”?

Do you just turn a blind eye to it or do you get involved?

That is where we are in the Mid-East... it is a “World security area” But where do your ethics boil down to in the real world?

chugger

Petty Officer 3rd Class

crunch said:

I've corn fused many things... like popcorn... love popcorn. :p

Duhhhh... it's like asking if you can keep your drains running free.... only if you want to.

Of course you have no idea of what a force multiplier is.. Ask, I’ll tell you.

There is a second task force delegated to the Gulf.... that talks loud and strong... or would you rather us just "squeak up"?

Funny analogy, as your legs spread, and your tendons tear... you still want to debate whether there is a boat, or a dock for that matter.

Let me give you a more realistic analogy.

The little old lady next door has just gotten back on her feet after a rape and the killing of most of her children. The guy on the other side of the street says it didn’t really happen... and at the same time he is shooting holes in your windows and threatening to kill the old lady. What do you do?

Do you just ignore it?

What is your”socially responsible duty”?

Do you just turn a blind eye to it or do you get involved?

That is where we are in the Mid-East... it is a “World security area” But where do your ethics boil down to in the real world?

Speaking for the Radical Righties I'd attack the neighbor of the guy with the gun.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

chugger said:
Speaking for the Radical Righties I'd attack the neighbor of the guy with the gun.

I know that I'm not supposed to laugh at this but I can't help myself....

jenoble01

Petty Officer 3rd Class

crunch said:

Hey, get with the program... CBS polls show that 66% of Americans hate the war, think it's lost, and we can win by losing.

Don't you watch the news on TV?

I wouldn't put to much faith in polls. They ask what? A couple of thousand people out of millions in the country, you just need to poll in a highly liberal, or highly conservative area(depending on what you want your poll to show) and you'll get the percentage you want. Whenever I see the latest poll results about whatever the question is, I say blah blah blah.