Redistribution-Revisited.

gspig

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Redistribution-Revisited.

Pony said:
Man I am getting ripped off. I didnt know that taxing the rich at a higher level would be ike giving me money. This example is ridiculous. It would more true to say that the girl with the 2.0 gets taxed .5, since if they taxed her more, survival in college would be difficult. Then to get more gpa return, tax the 4.0 student 1 gpa point. makeing them 1.5 and 3.0 respectively. NOT 3.0 each. This seems fair since all 4.0 students would be taxed the same way and a 3.0 would stil have all its advantages, while still being well above the 1.5 from the under performer who doesnt deserve the increase. At least thats how I see it........

The solution you have noted is communism NOT Democratic. Perhaps this is why you neocons keep confusing the two? 8)

You guys want to talk union health bennies?? How much of a break does $800 for a family of 4 per month for the MINIMUM amount of coverage sound? Cuz thats what it is.................

BTW, this is coming from an independant, Not a liberal or conservative.

That is a true taxation model, but what happens to the 1.5 points of GPA collected? Say there is a third student who lays on the couch all day playing Nintendo. This third student eats the roomates' food, uses electricity, water, and telephone all without paying. This student complains that its not fair that he has a 0gpa, so he gets the 1.5 points collected. Now it is redistribution of wealth.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

DWJ said:
the girl with the 2.0 gets taxed .5, since if they taxed her more, survival in college would be difficult. Then to get more gpa return, tax the 4.0 student 1 gpa point. makeing them 1.5 and 3.0 respectively. NOT 3.0 each. This seems fair since all 4.0 students would be taxed the same way and a 3.0 would stil have all its advantages, while still being well above the 1.5 from the under performer who doesnt deserve the increase. At least thats how I see it........

Fuzzy! That's the way I see it.

I guess the answer is to keep everyone confused and stupid.

We're almost there!

Hillary in '08". Yea-woo-hoo!

Hillary? Hmmmm, Appears to be alot of biotchting with W at the wheel. He is still at the wheel....is he not?

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

"Yes Tree, most Libs, (domestic or foreign) tend to dislike America and will rank us low in some areas to ackomplish their PC adjenda."

Are you reading minds again?:love:

OldMercsRule

Captain

Pony States:
Man I am getting ripped off. I didnt know that taxing the rich at a higher level would be ike giving me money. This example is ridiculous. It would more true to say that the girl with the 2.0 gets taxed .5, since if they taxed her more, survival in college would be difficult. Then to get more gpa return, tax the 4.0 student 1 gpa point. makeing them 1.5 and 3.0 respectively. NOT 3.0 each. This seems fair since all 4.0 students would be taxed the same way and a 3.0 would stil have all its advantages, while still being well above the 1.5 from the under performer who doesnt deserve the increase. At least thats how I see it........

The solution you have noted is communism NOT Democratic. Perhaps this is why you neocons keep confusing the two? 8)

Pony: You are a li'l 'cornfusted' here. When you are talking economic philosophys: Communism is where the state owns all the means of production; Capitalism means private parties own those same means of production. Democracy is a form of chosing the government leaders, (and shocking as it may seem from your tortured perspective a Democracy could choose Communism as apposed to Capitalism to own the means of production) every domestic Conservative shudders at this prospect Pony. Hill's socialized medicine proposal in the early 1990s could have moved us rapidly in that direction, (and we would still be cornsidered a "Democratic Republic"). The "Republic" part is the "Cornsitution" Pony. (That Keeps the majority from lynchin' the minority).

You guys want to talk union health bennies?? How much of a break does $800 for a family of 4 per month for the MINIMUM amount of coverage sound? Cuz thats what it is.................

BTW, this is coming from an independant, Not a liberal or conservative.

[/quote]

Reply HMMMMM. Now I'm 'cornfusted' Pony

The neocons I refer to are the ones on this site who constantly refer to Democrats as Communists and use the terms interchangeably. Is that so hard to understand?

Reply: Yah Pony; I think you are really 'cornfusted' here too. Conservatives may "ridicule" Liberals who tend to spew negatives about our wonderfull country, (kinda like John Kerry stabbing his fellow servicemen in the back and spewing the Soviet propaganda before the Senate in the early 1970s). In fact that seems to Domestic Conservatives to be a common characteristic of Domestic Liberals, (and European Libs like the French: Pony) to side with America's enemies, and use each others' talking points about the negatives of our, (America's) history and or motives. Communists like F Castro, or the Sandinistas are worshiped by Lib Democrats like: C. Dodd, (now there's a good Presidential candidate for ya). So Conservatives try to "deride" Libs from time to time by calling them Commies: that does not make them a "Neocon". Clear that up a bit for ya Pony?

Care to explain income redistribution to me then?

Reply: Real simple Pony. Take money from someone who is productive, (taxing is a proven way to do this), give it to someone who is unproductive, (welfare is a proven way to do this). We clear on this one now?

because the FORM of it in the original post IS NOT a form that we use in democracy..........In our democracy things will never be equal like it is in the example. That is communist. Sure when the rich are taxed more, programs like welfare get funding and then the poor get some of that. So yes that is income redistribution. I am not dumb, i get that. I just happened to look at the original post a little differently. The example of the GPAs in the real world would suggest that the Democrats want everyone to make the EXACT same income and if they dont they tax appropriately. Thats not the way it works. The guy who makes $500,000 does not give $240,000 to the guy making 20K so they can be equal.................yet that is what this example of GPAs is asking us to believe.

Let me explain myself again, so you can stop reading too much into the words you see to prove some point you feel like making.

income redistribution IN THE WAY THIS EXAMPLE SHOWS (aka the communist form NOT the taxation form we have) is what I disagree with. This is what i have already said, which I thought my other posts alluded to. Didn't think it had to be spelled out word for word.

Hey Pony, sounds like ya think Uncle Joe Stalin or Chairman Mao did't make more in material returns from their respective Commie systems then the average Prolatariat in their Commie system? Wrong Pony.

income redistribution in terms of taxing according to income I do think is good, and i think it needs to be adjusted.

Still 'cornfusing' to me Pony, seems ya like income redistribution to me. I now see why DWJ opted not to respond to you, and I kinda wish I hadn't of responded either. Hope I helped sort things out for ya jus' a li'l. JR

I am not spewing my confussion on others.......I just read more into this example than others. Perhaps I was being too specific.[/quote]

OldMercsRule

Captain

CJY quotes Oldmercs:

"Yes Tree, most Libs, (domestic or foreign) tend to dislike America and will rank us low in some areas to ackomplish their PC adjenda."

CYJ then asks:

Are you reading minds again?:[/quote]

Oldmercs' Answer: Nah jus' newspapers CJY! 8)8)

treedancer

Commander

Quote Omeer

Answer: Nah jus' newspapers CYJ!

Oo_O MSM?8)

OldMercsRule

Captain

treedancer said:
Quote Omeer

Answer: Nah jus' newspapers CYJ!

Oo_O MSM?8)

Yep, Ya sure ya betcha. I'm not closed to information from any source like ol' Willy claims. 'sides where would I turn to get informed without MSM Tree? That is why it is still called MSM right? JR

Pony

Rear Admiral

Still 'cornfusing' to me Pony, seems ya like income redistribution to me. I now see why DWJ opted not to respond to you, and I kinda wish I hadn't of responded either. Hope I helped sort things out for ya jus' a li'l. JR

I'm sure it is confusing to you, since you still havent realized I am arguing semantics here.

Hey Pony, sounds like ya think Uncle Joe Stalin or Chairman Mao did't make more in material returns from their respective Commie systems then the average Prolatariat in their Commie system? Wrong Pony.

No there is no doubt in my mind that they got a great return on their commie systems. The part that I you keep glazing over is the part that when we tax in America the end result isnt a class of people with the same exact income, and no motivation to do any work. Thats exactly how it worked in DJ's GPA example..........correct me if I am wrong, but both students ended up exactly the same. I am trying to explain to you that example doesnt accurately demonstrate income distribution in our government.......Too far over your head for you?

You see its real simple....I am against making all people equal like the example states. That is a communist ideal. I am for redistribution in the form of taxing.............since even those getting welfare will never reach the economic level of the guy getting taxed. The richest man in the country always will be just that if all is taxed fairly, so why does he care in the end?

Sorry that you are so narrow minded to think that al forms of income redistribution are commie evils.

Reply: Yah Pony; I think you are really 'cornfusted' here too. Conservatives may "ridicule" Liberals who tend to spew negatives about our wonderfull country.....,

I stopped reading right there.....stick around here a little longer and maybe you will understand the analogy I was making there..... Certain members here in every post they make will substitute Commie for Democrat everytime with complete disregard to the topic or the Democrat they are taking about.......extreme left or not. Even when they are not spewing negatives about our country..................

OldMercsRule

Captain

Pony said:

I'm sure it is confusing to you, since you still havent realized I am arguing semantics here.

Pony: Come on now. Surely you could tell that I sorted out some of the semantics between us when I helped you sort out the difference between "Democracy and Capitalism"?

No there is no doubt in my mind that they got a great return on their commie systems. The part that I you keep glazing over is the part that when we tax in America the end result isnt a class of people with the same exact income, and no motivation to do any work. Thats exactly how it worked in DJ's GPA example..........correct me if I am wrong, but both students ended up exactly the same. I am trying to explain to you that example doesnt accurately demonstrate income distribution in our government.......Too far over your head for you?

No Pony. I really did get it, please! The example that started this thread was intentially rediculas to demonstrate the perils of income redistribution for the young Liberal college girl, (and the rest of us reading it). You just took it far to literally, (I also get that part: Pony), so it was very hard to understand your point.

You see its real simple....I am against making all people equal like the example states. That is a communist ideal. I am for redistribution in the form of taxing.............since even those getting welfare will never reach the economic level of the guy getting taxed. The richest man in the country always will be just that if all is taxed fairly, so why does he care in the end?

YAH PONY MY MAN! Now we have an admission from you that we can actually debate. I agree, (or actually I disagree) with your statement in bold letters above, and that is exactly why I do not favor income redistribution, (nor is it likely that the rest of the conservatives on this blog would like it either). The welfare recipient becomes hooked on the government "***" Pony; and never gains the ambition to reach the economic level we should all want that person to reach, (for the good of us all); those who hate America: love this outcome. LBJ proved this point and the statistics, (that people who love that kind of stuff like Tree), could show you how it actually hurt the underclass in this wonderfull country very badly. Tree may not agree, and may choose to try to show the opposite, (can't read his mind), but I do understand history: Pony. The rich man may not care, (as you say), and some like George Soros may actually like this outcome: Pony. Most Conservatives do care and don't like the outcome you seem to favor.

Sorry that you are so narrow minded to think that al forms of income redistribution are commie evils.

Where did I say that?

Reply: Yah Pony; I think you are really 'cornfusted' here too. Conservatives may "ridicule" Liberals who tend to spew negatives about our wonderfull country.....,

I stopped reading right there.....stick around here a little longer and maybe you will understand the analogy I was making there..... Certain members here in every post they make will substitute Commie for Democrat everytime with complete disregard to the topic or the Democrat they are taking about.......extreme left or not. Even when they are not spewing negatives about our country..................

Reply: I agree with you here that I also prefer civil discourse, I may have been a li'l snarky with you, (and I appologise for that), but please understand: I grew up in Seattle. I also get perplexed in what comes out of my fellow Americans from time to time, but: that is America PONY! Respectfully JR

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

Pony said:
The richest man in the country always will be just that if all is taxed fairly, so why does he care in the end?

I'll tell you why he cares (and why I care too)- it's my money. I worked hard for it. I earned it. I put myself in a situation in life to be able to make it. That's why.

Tell me the fantasy about the poor kid from the ghetto who can't afford an education...

Instead of you and Nancy Pelosi explaining to him why it's not his fault and giving away my money....
why don't you explain to him that he can take out student loans and go to school at night like a lot of people do.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I admit I did take the example WAY too literaly. That is my faut, and it certainly further complicated matters. I too apologize for the manner of some of my posts. It is frustrating without being face to face with someone.

Civil discourse is nice, but rare.............where is Jtex to bring up cognitive dissonance so that I can feel okay in holding paradoxial views.

BTW, you guys need to understand something to understand why i am not as hard against welfare as most here....Wisconsin is a leading state in welfare reform. You can only get it for a total of two years here, and thats it. So in essence you can use it if need be, but cannot become dependant on it. It really gets rid of the motivation to not work. That is why my view is skwed.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

When I was a kid our family fell on hard times and we used welfare for a few months when we moved from Cali to Washington. It was only for as long as it took my ma to find a job. If I remember rightly, we actually had less money for a little while when she was working than on welfare, but it was brief, and as her wages increased, through her hard work, things got better. Bear in mind, for those of you who lack the insight to see beyond your views, my family is ,oh my God, Democrats. I myself drifted from that party to a more independant way of thinking, but the rest are democrats. And like a lot of democrats, they do work, they do believe in keeping what they earned, they don't believe the rich needs to give to the poor, they don't believe in sitting on the dole instead of working hard.

I myself lean more towards the conservative, especially when it comes to business and money, but I also have views that would be considered leftist. I just don't allow the black and white thinkers to pigeonhole me into some category that they want to just so they can feel better about themselves (thats not mindreading OldMercs, thats basic psychology).

I don't want what others have earned. If I want it, I can take my arse off of the couch and earn it, and not complain if I don't have it because I am not working for it. That is my belief on this subject...

OldMercsRule

Captain

JasonJ said:
When I was a kid our family fell on hard times and we used welfare for a few months when we moved from Cali to Washington. It was only for as long as it took my ma to find a job. If I remember rightly, we actually had less money for a little while when she was working than on welfare, but it was brief, and as her wages increased, through her hard work, things got better. Bear in mind, for those of you who lack the insight to see beyond your views, my family is ,oh my God, Democrats. I myself drifted from that party to a more independant way of thinking, but the rest are democrats. And like a lot of democrats, they do work, they do believe in keeping what they earned, they don't believe the rich needs to give to the poor, they don't believe in sitting on the dole instead of working hard.

I myself lean more towards the conservative, especially when it comes to business and money, but I also have views that would be considered leftist. I just don't allow the black and white thinkers to pigeonhole me into some category that they want to just so they can feel better about themselves (thats not mindreading OldMercs, thats basic psychology).

I don't want what others have earned. If I want it, I can take my arse off of the couch and earn it, and not complain if I don't have it because I am not working for it. That is my belief on this subject...

A reasonable one at that Jason. JR