Is this stupid or what

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
any yall have one of these

59725_full.jpg

hand blenders? on/off switch integrated into the handle?

If so, make sure its unplugged when you clean it. Imagine about a 1" dull stainless steel blade spinning about 9000 rpms, contacting your index finger. I'm lucky to still have all ten fingerprints. No bone, tendon or nerve damage though, a few sutures, be typing with ten fingers again within a week. But I'll probably never play the violin again. Never played it before.

the stupid part: I'm not gonna sue hamilton beach for making such a dangerous appliance with no safety features. is that unAmerican or what?

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Is this stupid or what

jtex, I have one like that but it has spring loaded switch that turn's off when you let up on it.

They are very dangerous.
Imagine a small child getting hold of one.:^

D

DJ

I have found it a "best practice" to unplug things before I work/handle them.

Helloooooo! Are we that STUPID!

I guess so.

D

DJ

No, the design Engineer was a caveman.

If so, why does it take a team of liars (lawyers) to prove that history/proof does not exist?

QC

Supreme Mariner

I have one of those and I love it. I even make milkshakes in the glass I drink it in. You can call me stupid if you want, but I clean it by running it in hot soapy water as soon as I use it. I mix my drink, or make the mashed potatoes, unplug it, walk over to the sink, fill a glass with hot water and soap, plug the finger mulching tool in, and blend that little concoction, run some hot water into the glass for the rinse cycle, and then I put it away . . . I try really hard not to put my fingers in the glass first though :=

Pony

Rear Admiral

Here's your sign........

QC

Supreme Mariner

Hey jtex, you should probably not wash your boat either . . . I'd suggest that you take the prop off first, but that could get ugly too.

OldMercsRule

Captain

QC said:
Hey jtex, you should probably not wash your boat either . . . I'd suggest that you take the prop off first, but that could get ugly too.

Very Brutal QC, funny but brutal!8)8)8)JR

Pony

Rear Admiral

QC said:

The fenders can slice at ya too, and that coupler aways gets it the way as well...............

QC

Supreme Mariner

I just thought of something that might be real obvious to the rest of you. I am pretty sure that Hamilton Beach is safe from any litigation, it is called a "hand blender" right? Pah-duh-duh chissssh . . .

bassboy1

Lieutenant Commander

Pony said:
QC said:

The fenders can slice at ya too, and that coupler aways gets it the way as well...............

The daggum coupler latch just loves to snag shoelaces when one steps over it. Especially when parked over gravel.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

QC said:
I have one of those and I love it. I even make milkshakes in the glass I drink it in. You can call me stupid if you want, but I clean it by running it in hot soapy water as soon as I use it. I mix my drink, or make the mashed potatoes, unplug it, walk over to the sink, fill a glass with hot water and soap, plug the finger mulching tool in, and blend that little concoction, run some hot water into the glass for the rinse cycle, and then I put it away . . . I try really hard not to put my fingers in the glass first though :=

dude, you are really "on" today! I do pretty much how you described, this time the wife used it to make soup & I was cleaning up much later - after blending the soapy water still had some stuff dried on the housing, right hand grasp the handle, left hand wiping with dishcloth, tighten grip it starts spinning with stray finger in the blade arc.

You know that split second after an accident when you think "it's not so bad, just need a band aid" then you sneak a peak at the damage? And start cussing your own stupididity? I'd darn near forgotten what that was like...

QC

Supreme Mariner

jtexas said:
You know that split second after an accident when you think "it's not so bad, just need a band aid" then you sneak a peak at the damage?
Yup, maybe that's why I'm "on" . . . 8)

crunch

Commander

I've heard you are supposed to shut off the lawn mower before cleaning a clog.... seems reasonable to me. :p

Ps. You don’t seem to be getting a whole lot of sympathy here Tex.... could it be that you did “that stupid thing they write those stupid warnings about”? Glad you are kindda OK .

Docknocker

Petty Officer 2nd Class

jtex - your not stupid at all for not suing H/B. Your being quite intelligent for taking responsibility for your own actions and their consequences. If more people were like you, 1/2 the lawyers out there would have to seek gainful employment.
Wait a minute........lawyers can't do anything productive.......they'd all be on unemployment......maybe you should sue.
Hope your hand heals quick.......