Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: Bush: If you don't like my Iraq plan, tell me yours

Quote WBW "The problem is that there is no cut and dried solution. Dubya got us into a lose/lose situation."

That is the defeatest attitude of the left that is so dishartening, almost depressing that I thought did not exist in this country. And to think it is the attitude of lil nancy and the rest that are now in power in the Congress.

What happened to the idea that America is the greatest and strongest nation on earth. That we do what we beleive to be right to protect us and the world form the atrocities that happen out there. That if a counrty needed help, they could count on us to be there for them until the end?WWI and WWII come to mind.

If we leave Iraq now, then OBL and his kind has won, once again. It will embloden them to attack again. How many lives are you willing to lose?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

There you go again. Tying 9/11 to Iraq.

I wish what you say was as true as you would like to believe. I bring your attention to Rwanda and Darfur. Genocide, and we sit on our hands. OBL feels victorious if GW farts into the wind and has to smell it. What started out as a handful of fanatics has turned into nations that want us all dead. That's the reality of the situation, and what we are doing is only making their resolve more universal.

I wish there was a way to convince you that we are not battling the perpetrators of 9/11 in Iraq. What we ARE doing is breeding a whole lot more people that want to bring about the next 9/11.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

This is one of my favorite excuses for cowardise. We don't want to make nutcases angry. Please help me, what would our lack of action done to make Kim ILL less of a nutbag? Hugo Chavez would love us more if we just cowardly ran away in a skirmish on the other side of the globe? All Chavez did was parrot what liberal democrat say everyday anyhow. We made the Whackjob in Iran uncomfortable. Newsflash, he's a whackjob. What we do is immaterial. And then there is France. The country liberals want us to be like. Which is why I could never be a liberal. China and Russia look at this situation with amusement and enjoy being a thorn in our side. And democrats love nothing more than serving up our President to them for public humiliation as long as it benefits themselves, and the troops be damned.

And my favorite, Bush's war. Who can declare war? Who voted for it? How many UN resolutions were broken? Lets start rewriting history before it is ever written. Proactive liberalism, a tradition of fixing the blame, but never the problem.

Take this as a hypothetical. Tommorrow we find a bunker the size of the Silverdome full of dirty bombs, nerve agents, biological weapons, files full of targets. What do liberals do now. Run Away? Run Away Fast? Or simply call it a small cashe.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Newsflash: Most of the world sees George Walker Bush as a nutbag too. :(

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Newsflash Willy. Most of the World doesn't see our President as a nutjob. Just those in the liberal press who would love to have us believe such an irresponsible statement.

crunch

Commander

Quote custombycrunch

Iran and Syria both have plans to use this country as a stage to launch "Jihad" against the West. They both have dreams of a "nuclear Islamic Caliphate" that will bring Islam to the entire world.... all under their thumbs, and the lack of yours.

Where did this information come from, first I’ve heard of that?

Just for you tree, here is where it comes from.

Thanks to the president of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, a new word has entered the political vocabulary: mahdaviat.

Not surprisingly, it's a technical religious term. Mahdaviat derives from mahdi, Arabic for "rightly-guided one," a major figure in Islamic eschatology. He is, explains the Encyclopaedia of Islam, "the restorer of religion and justice who will rule before the end of the world." The concept originated in the earliest years of Islam and, over time, became particularly identified with the Shi‘ite branch. Whereas "it never became an essential part of Sunni religious doctrine," continues the encyclopedia, "Belief in the coming of the Mahdi of the Family of the Prophet became a central aspect of the faith in radical Shi‘ism," where it is also known as the return of the Twelfth Imam.

Mahdaviat means "belief in and efforts to prepare for the Mahdi."

Read the whole article, this guy is scary.

http://www.danielpipes.org/article/3258

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

WillyBWright said:
There you go again. Tying 9/11 to Iraq.

I wish what you say was as true as you would like to believe. I bring your attention to Rwanda and Darfur. Genocide, and we sit on our hands. OBL feels victorious if GW farts into the wind and has to smell it. What started out as a handful of fanatics has turned into nations that want us all dead. That's the reality of the situation, and what we are doing is only making their resolve more universal.

I wish there was a way to convince you that we are not battling the perpetrators of 9/11 in Iraq. What we ARE doing is breeding a whole lot more people that want to bring about the next 9/11.

Starting on the koolaid a little early in day are we? You don't think al-quida is in Iraq? You don't think if we lose there it will bite us later?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Thanks to our invasion, yes it certainly will. Had we kept our eye on the ball and concentrated on OBL and his gang, it wouldn't have become an issue. And active sympathizers of Al Qaeda would still number in the hundreds or thousands, not hundreds OF thousands. Remember, not one single hijacker or plotter came from Iraq. Hussein had no love for Al Qaeda, except that any enemy of America wasn't an enemy of his.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

WillyBWright said:
Thanks to our invasion, yes it certainly will. Had we kept our eye on the ball and concentrated on OBL and his gang, it wouldn't have become an issue. And active sympathizers of Al Qaeda would still number in the hundreds or thousands, not hundreds OF thousands. Remember, not one single hijacker or plotter came from Iraq. Hussein had no love for Al Qaeda, except that any enemy of America wasn't an enemy of his.

It's easy to be a Monday morning quarterback, isn't it WBW? Still don't see your plan to win. Oh, that's right you don't have one.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Why should I bother? Bush isn't listening to anybody anyhow. Especially the Generals on the ground who he claimed were making the decisions there. More lies from a lying liar and the liars that lie for him to cover and excuse his lies. :(

Skinnywater

Commander

My plan would be to fight with everything except political correctness and politics.

I'd 86 the media, engage afterburners and toast Al Sadir's militia 11PM Bagdad time.
I'd flatten every Mosque the enemy took shelter in.

All the while I'd deploy troops and hardware to the Iran/Iraq border to secure and prepare for an additional invasion. I'd park 2-3 carriers off Iran and prepare the B52's in Diego Garcia.

In addition, I'd give Israel our blessings to eliminate Hezbolla at the same time.

I'd let it be known that any suicide bomber's immediate family will recieve covert action in the way of bombs at thier homes while they all are sleeping.
I'd make an example of this starting with the familys of the 19 that flew into the twin towers.

crunch

Commander

Why should I bother? Bush isn't listening to anybody anyhow.

What you mean there is Bush isn't listening to the defeatist talk from the antiwar section.

What I found amusing this last week was the about face the Democrats did after McCain commented that the Democrats would have to take responsibility for the results if they cut off funding for the war as they threatened.... now it will be just a symbolic vote.... LMAO!!

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Quote WBW "Why should I bother? Bush isn't listening to anybody anyhow"

I guess the dem controlled congress isn't listening to the people that voted them into office either, are they?

Quote WBW "Especially the Generals on the ground who he claimed were making the decisions there"

Don't the new commanders and Sec of Def want more boots on the ground?

"The selection of Lt. Gen. David H. Petraeus to serve as the senior American commander in Iraq signals an important turn in United States strategy. As a supporter of increased forces in Iraq, General Petraeus is expected to back a rapid five-brigade expansion, in sharp contrast to his predecessor."

nytimes

waterinthefuel

Commander

Please, please, for the love of God and country, tell me what the alternative democratic plan in Iraq is. Running with your tail between your legs isn't a plan, by the way.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Quote WBW "I wish what you say was as true as you would like to believe. I bring your attention to Rwanda and Darfur. Genocide, and we sit on our hands"

We have to wait for the UN willy. America can not do anything without their approval, isn't that right? Isn't that the way of the left, get world approval first or your a war mongering cowboy? We have to have UN resolutions, that mean absoutly nothing, and then and only then with the blessing of the UN, they can send in UN troops .

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

There will never be a solution in Iraq until all citizens have an equal share of it's oil revenues. It's not as religious as people think. It's economic. The minority is being left out by the majority. Bring equal distribution of revenues into play and the fighting will fall back to the fanatics. That's where it has to start. They have to have incentive to make peace. Wealth is the most powerful incentive there is. Otherwise they'll kill for revenge until there's nobody left, and no amount of American or international troops will stop it.

crunch

Commander

I bring your attention to Rwanda and Darfur. Genocide, and we sit on our hands"

Rwanda and Darfur are sad, but not National Security matters.... sad, but none of our business. Let the UN and African Nations clean up their own back yards.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

get world approval first or your a war mongering cowboy?
Didn't stop W before.......

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I personally go along with the persident's actions to this point. But I've been pondering the second part of this thread's title.... "Tell me yours" since it was posted.
And here is my "plan" , one that only compliments Bush's;

First, have a press conference and inform the media that they are all to sign a written oath of loyalty to the United States, or turn in their badge ON THE SPOT.

Second, inform those remaining that any breach of national security by any means whatsoever would be dealt with as outlined in the constitution ( for those in Rio Linda or New Orleans, that means they will be held legally responsible for the credability, inteligence breaches and intent of their journalistic content } ...

Third, start the actual conference to allow all those who wish to support the enemy one chance only to leave.
They are to be considered "ememy sympathizers", and transport would be provided for any who wished to leave, one-way to Iran or Syria their choice.

To those "objectors" who wish to stay, fine. Stay, but you are not allowed to support the enemy anymore, and will be ignored, unless you become combative -- at which time, the military will consider you an "enemy combatant", and dispatch you as they have been trained to do, without the prerequisite approval of politians.

Those (after the one-time offer of deportation) who simply want to rip this declared strategy appart without any replacement solutions to the cans of worms they open, will be arrested and shipped to Club Gitmo for the durration of the war or their lives (whichever ends first) -- charged with "allied strategic obsruction durring wartime".

Then, I would say, "Any questions?"

crunch

Commander

get world approval first or your a war mongering cowboy?
Didn't stop W before.......

Don't you ever get tired of trying to re-write history?... or are you that seriously mis-informed?

On November 8, 2002, the UN passed Resolution 1441 urging Iraq to disarm or face "serious consequences". The resolution passed with a 15 to 0 vote, supported by Russia, China and France, and Arab countries like Syria. This gave this resolution wider support than even the 1990 Gulf War resolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Security_Council_Resolution_1441