My suzuki DT6 wont start

patpeplow

Cadet
I have done everything i can possibly think of. new rings, ive honed it out, all new gaskets, new plugs went throught the carb with a fine toothed comb. it has spark, compression, and its getting gas, i cant even get it to fire when i spray that quick fire down the carb, or even in the cylinders, if anyone coudl helpo me out with this, let me know cause its boggling my mind. all i can really thing of is the seal in on the crankshaft, in the middle its not sealign properly, but i still think it woudl fire. if anyone has any clue that woudl be awsome thanksd:)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: My suzuki DT6 wont start

Betcha got a sheared flywheel key or the plug wires are switched.

Spark is not useful unless it fires at the right time.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

If your oil seals on the crankshaft is broken it will run rough but not idle ..... like JB also says, spark is not usefull unless it fires at the right time ......

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Spray some fuel mix into the plug holes.If you don't get any fire then you have a spark problem either timing or as suggested crossed plug wirers,sheared flywheel key
etc.

patpeplow

Cadet

thanks guys, ive tried switching the plug wires around, ive sprayed quick fire into the cylinders, and still nothing, ive done the timing from what it says in the book, ive tried it all, ive alrady put about 200$ into it, just wondering when i should cut y loses? cuz i dont know what else to do

patpeplow

Cadet

thanks guys, ive tried switching the plug wires around, ive sprayed quick fire into the cylinders, and still nothing, ive done the timing from what it says in the book, ive tried it all, ive alrady put about 200$ into it, just wondering when i should cut y losses? cuz i dont know what else to do

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Have you removed the flywheel to confirm that the key is not sheared?

If you have fuel, spark and compression the only variable left is the timing of the spark.

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: My Suzuki DT6 wont start

Re: My Suzuki DT6 wont start

first, get a factory manual, those aftermarket ones are OK but some of the specs are way off

next do what JB said, all u have to do is take off nut and see if the flywheel is lined up still