Login Question

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I am on my wife's computer. I cannot login from mine.

It's been a month now that I have been trying to get back to chat and haven't been able to. I'm on this forum because this one that I frequent often (when I could get in) and I want to tell you about some slick pics I found which do a great job of showing you boat/engine performance with setback including engine height (in the water) that Dhadley and Walleyehed talk about all the time.
---------------------
I installed the 2007 version of Computer Associates security suite from the web and haven't been able to get logged since.

I have tried several different settings in "internet options" (Microsoft Explorer XP home software) cookies are enabled and have iboats setup as a trusted site so the barriers are down. Ryan (iboats computer guy) and I have talked several times and he can't help me. I contacted Microsoft and Computer Associates and no one can help. I set my internet options just like they are on this computer which is talking to you right now and that doesn't help.

I pull up the forums on the web. Type in the first two letters of my name and the box pops up with the whole name (computer remembered it). Punch it in. Immediately my password pops up, cause my computer remembers it too and then I press the login button.

I have tried to overtype and ignore the automatic entry to no avail. I have tried 3 new passwords (working with Ryan, iboats again) and my computer remembers my name and each of the new passwords (as I try them) so I know I am accepting cookies from the site....or think I am.

In attempting to login, I go through the normal process and punch enter. Then what I get is a blank light blue iboats screen, then after a pause the forum screen shows up; just like it was when I typed in my login info, but the login boxes are empty. I get no error screen indicating that the info I typed in was in error.....it just ignores it like I never attempted to login.

I would really like some help on this as I am lost without being able to chat with my buddies and newbies.

One last tidbit. I have no problems logging onto any other site!

Thanks and Happy New Year.

Mark

D

DJ

Re: Login Question

Texasmark,

I just happened by this post. I will forward it onto the administrators at iboats.

How would you like to be contacted?

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Sorry about your issues Mark. You are missed out here. Have you tried un-installing the security suite and trying it ?? If that is when it started giving you this trouble then I would dump it, try it without and go from there. There has to be something in your settings somewhere that is restricting your access. Did you pay for the security suite or was it a "freebie"
I had to dump AVG about a year ago as it would not let me access several things all of a sudden !! I currently use Spydoctor but had to set up my security levels to suit the sites I visit.
Good Luck, Happy New Year and hope to see you out here with the ossue solved.
Paul.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

I was having the same type problems when i installed Norton Anti-virus corporate edition.I spent days trying to get things back to normal.I ended up re-format the drive and re-install windows.What a pain!
Sometimes the security software causes unknown problems.:/

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Thanks all for your answers.

DWJ, Ryan (at iboats) knows how to get in touch with me. Maybe he could rap with someone else and get some ideas as he has tried to help me; like show them our email conversations. He mentioned cookies when he answered me the first time but I think I have addressed that; but still open for suggestions.

Ken, thanks for the kind words. I miss being there. I have had this security suite since 2005 and get annual notifications for updates and pay my way with a web download. This time it has some bugs in it besides the potential for causing this problem. I am talking to their tech's now about the problems. I might do as you mentioned and just dump it and redownload it.

I tried Norton several years (because that was what they used at work) ago and it let some bugs in (the home edition), then the McAfee suite and that let some bugs in. Had this Computer Associates EZ Armor since 2005 and it seems to keep the bugs out; just need to find out what's different about the download or the 2007 edition.

Gary, Hope I don't have to reformat as I have a ton of favorites. If I do I will have to save them somewhere.

Thanks again guys.

Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

HOT DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH I'M SCREAMING. :love:

Obviously I'm back. The Computer Associates technical assistant had answered my request for help via email a couple of days ago, but I couldn't understand his computer "gibberish" and asked for him to decipher it. Well being the holidays and all response is yet to come...........now I don't need it.

This morning I tried some things that I hadn't done before which were associated with the other problem.....what's installed and what's not. So I started snooping around the START-Programs- and started looking for CA security program info.

I decided to start with the Firewall setup. WALLA. The boxes on that setup window matched the words the techie was using and I then was able to follow his message and here I am. Basically I had the cookie blocker too high on the firewall for the iboats site.

I am a happy camper.

Maybe what happened to me has happened to you and hope this helps you get it resolved.

So, I'm back and the info about pics of setback and all I wanted to post are here in a separate post.

Happy New Year..............whadda way to start. 8)

Mark

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great to see you have everything sorted out.
Great to see you posting again.
Happy New Year.