****BREAKING NEWS**** This is a Hoot!

aspeck

Staff member
Re: ****BREAKING NEWS**** This is a Hoot!

McKinney is a joke and her own party knows it.

rolmops

Vice Admiral

Agreed ,this lady is a certified nut case with some age related problems.
On the other hand,we should all be glad that she can actually do these things because it is part of being in a free country.
The best part is, her few years of fame are over and common sense of the voters has prevailed.
(Now I better go hide in a corner and hope that LF will not shoot me)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Pelosi pisses me off. If any president deserved impeachment, Junior certainly does. Impeaching Clinton over a tryst was a pathetic embarrasment on the world stage for purely self-serving Republican political motivations! Junior's acts are ten-thousand fold over anything any previous president has done, even Nixon (Watergate) or Reagan (treasonous weapons for hostages). Impeachment may be the only way left for us to save face with this Criminal-in-Chief defiling White House! Pelosi's a wimp! At least McKinney has some ballz.

I guess the only good news is that Junior has been pretty thoroughly neutered with the recent election. He's now the lamest duck in my lifetime.

18rabbit

Captain

WillyBWright said:
Pelosi pisses me off. If any president deserved impeachment, Junior certainly does. Impeaching Clinton over a tryst was a pathetic embarrasment on the world stage for purely self-serving Republican political motivations! Junior's acts are ten-thousand fold over anything any previous president has done, even Nixon (Watergate) or Reagan (treasonous weapons for hostages). Impeachment may be the only way left for us to save face with this Criminal-in-Chief defiling White House! Pelosi's a wimp! At least McKinney has some ballz.

Ok, so politics isn’t your strong suit. What else might you be better at?

QC

Supreme Mariner

Willy B. Cite one impeachable high crime or misdemeanor. Just one.

18rabbit

Captain

The airwaves belong to the people, to everyone. The FCC is tasked with allowing private use of those airwaves to the greatest benefit of the people. The FCC requires every station to broadcast the news. And every president spends an ornate amount of time seeking that news coverage of whatever he thinks is worthy of getting his face onto the airwaves, our airwaves. For that reason, I think making too many stupid faces should be an impeachable offence. We shouldn’t need to waste time and resources on establishing the president’s guilt of high crimes and misdemeanors. Just goofy faces alone should be enough to impeach Shrub.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

QC, you mean I'm only entitled to ONE? Okay, I'll draw the FISA card. Your turn.

Bondo

Staff member

WillyBWright said:
QC, you mean I'm only entitled to ONE? Okay, I'll draw the FISA card. Your turn.

Ayuh,.......... Nothing Impeachable There.........

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Arguments can be made, both ways, as to whether anything's been done that's impeachable. No one would like to see him impeached more than I, however, this country cannot afford the luxury of a Congress mired for two years in an impeachment process. There's real work that needs to be done, and hopefully, they'll get to it.

QC

Supreme Mariner

What Bondo said, but go ahead Willy, you can have 10 if you want, but it must actually be illegal to count . . . ;)

KaGee

Admiral

The real test is today in New Orleans, to see if they re-elect their corrupt Congressman William Jefferson. Now his re-election would indeed be a joke.

treedancer

Commander

I can’t say the he did anything that I know of to be impeachable; that being said neither did Clinton. Of course if you consider incompetence a impeachable offences that is another story on Bushes part, then you would have to be considering doing dumbaxx things in the white house by Clinton impeachable. Of course Clinton didn’t get us into a quagmire that cost thousands of lives did he.?

QC

Supreme Mariner

I for one did not like the Clinton impeachment either, but unless you want to rewrite both the law and history, perjury is illegal . . . ;)

QC said:
I for one did not like the Clinton impeachment either, but unless you want to rewrite both the law and history, perjury is illegal . . . ;)
Hey QC I see you received that new shovel I sent you.;) You seem to have discovered the handle ok. You are correct when you say that perjury is illegal, but it is only punishible if conviction is accomplished. The same as impeachment does not constitute guilt. Being guilty of something and being convicted for it are two very different things. :^:^

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

A. not every lie under oath is perjury.
B. not every illegal act is an impeachable offense.

jtexas said:
A. not every lie under oath is perjury.
B. not every illegal act is an impeachable offense.

The master of the obvious J clarence darrow tex.Edit: J Eddie Cochran Tex... Now please enlighten me as to what impeachable offense is legal and a lie under oath that is not perjury.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

My own personal Top Ten Bush Crimes:

Circumventing FISA
Torture (Violating the Geneva Conventions)
The Patriot Act (both versions)
Suspending Habeas Corpus
Military Tribunals
Signing Statements
Outing Valerie Plame
Letting Colin Powell go is a crime in my book
Keeping Rumsfeld too long is too
The Florida voting fiasco of 2000 will always look suspicious considering his Brother was Governor and promised him their EC votes

I'm sure any lawyer could come up with more which are truly violations. I'm just a humble wrench-twister.