OK, LETS SEE THE BAYLINER

wineand coffee

Recruit
Re: OK, LETS SEE THE BAYLINER

I am amazed at your boat! I feel all of the pain and suffering you have been through! I am redoing a 1985 2755. seems like a never ending project. your pics are inspiring! I have repainted the exterior, brand new engine and drive, got a little use out of it and put it aside because i bought a 42 gibby, now want to finish down below, as i got started realized the floor was soft!? i would love to touch base with you? if you are willing? Brandon

Four Pyrates

Cadet

I like mine. I'll like my next Bayliner and someone will like this Bayliner.

Bayiner_2855_Port_side_at_dock.sized.jpg

Bayiner_2855_TeakFloor.sized.jpg

Bayiner_2855_New_Upholstery.sized.jpg

Bayiner_2855_Dinette.sized.jpg

Bayiner_2855_Stern_View.sized.jpg

Happy boating.

http://www.baylinerownersclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12249

Mike H

Cadet

Lake ST.Clare MI. a place called the Moot.
Boats name Tharepy Mike

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer

MY 2755 Ciera Cruser!

I bought a BRAND NEW 185 this July my 1st Bayliner and I got hooked.... I wanted a BIGGER BAYLINER so I grabbed this CRUSER!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 0

Pimp Daddy

Cadet

Here's mine. Yep real cheap, and I love every minute of boating so who cares how much it cost. Seein as how I run it into the dock everytime I go out prolly for the best that it didn't cost me an arm and a leg.:p

Attachments

• boatpic1.jpg
    boatpic1.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 0

chris4x4

Seaman Apprentice

My 1997 Capri 1700
chriss_boat_with_numbers.jpg

Got it for $1000.00 as it was abused and needed some cleaning.

Bigprairie1

Commander

My 1997 Capri 1700
chriss_boat_with_numbers.jpg

Got it for $1000.00 as it was abused and needed some cleaning.

$1000?....you have to be frikkin' kidding me? Why can't I find deals like that? Thats a $10k+ boat around here.
BP

chris4x4

Seaman Apprentice

$1000?....you have to be frikkin' kidding me? Why can't I find deals like that? Thats a $10k+ boat around here.
BP

Right place and right time. The previous owners had it in storage for 9 years. Time, the weather, and some fury creatures knocked the price down. :D Boat runs great, hits 48 mph 50 lbs. from max weight, and polished up nicely.

Pimp Daddy

Cadet

Wow Chris I thought I stole mine!! That is a sweet lookin boat. I have a question for everyone. Why does everyone find it necessary to beat up on the Bayliners?? I'm lovin every minute of mine.

Bigprairie1

Commander

Wow Chris I thought I stole mine!! That is a sweet lookin boat. I have a question for everyone. Why does everyone find it necessary to beat up on the Bayliners?? I'm lovin every minute of mine.

I hear ya'....I think some of it is because of the poor quality in the 70's and 80's. Not that I have insight into exactly what it was but I think is was soft floor stuff...or?
I'm surprised it continues as much as it does tho', but apparently it has turned into a old habit, which of course die hard. I'm not sure if a lot of these voices actually have real good recent and tangible examples on which to base these comments tho'.
(QC did an excellent article on a recent water test he did of Bayliners and really thought highly of them from an overall value standpoint.)
Anyways , the general remarks remind me of people still (after 15-20 years of improving) completely dissing vehicles from the big three (Ford, GM, Chrysler) based on the stuff they did back then. There vehicles are vastly improved but some people don't want to ever forget when they 'dropped the ball'.
Maybe some of these people should look at their car keys first and if they aren't driving a japanese car.....keep it to a dull roar.
I bought a 90' Capri w/ a 90hp Force last year and so far it's been a great boat. I was out in around 30 times last year without incident. Heck...that pretty much paid for it if amortized against a boat rental.
I'm with you tho'.....and I'm looking forward to hitting the water again this summer!:):)
BP

azlakes

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Why does everyone find it necessary to beat up on the Bayliners?? I'm lovin every minute of mine.

... yup i am enjoying mine as well. i thought of your comment many times wondering if this will be the day mine breaks in half and sinks to the bottom. i guess many think of our boats the Schwinn of boats. everyone had a schwinn growing up and mis treated the heck out of it! left it outside, no lube or care.. sound familiar? even today you show up in a schwinn for some rides and you still gets looks like you brought a knife to a gun fight. many bayliner components now are the same of the costlier boats but its hard to change word-of-mouth perception. if people continue to get the older affordable bayliners, fix them up and reserect them, nay sayers will scratch thier noggins wondering how that old boat still looks so good :) so for now i'll continue to ride my boat and enjoy the day.

cheers

Attachments

• boat.jpg
    boat.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 0

oops!

Supreme Mariner

big prairie got me lookin on craigs list for deals on boats.....

got this one outta vegas

picgroup5158.jpg

just saw another one a little closer to home.......thinkin about goin to get it

a capri 21 with a cuddy......4 banger in 'er so a little under powered but at the price $2500. i think it will sell for 10,000 up here.

if i go get that one. ill post it too

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer

OPOPS come to Phoenix and get my 07 185 Im selling!!!!

I need to get it out of my garage so my new F150 will fit!

96Bayliner1750

Recruit

Here it is!!

Come on warm weather!

Attachments

• Bayliner.JPG
    Bayliner.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

BAYLINER185

Chief Petty Officer

It was 80+ Here in AZ so of course Iloaded up my 185 and tore up the lake.

My Girlfriend and her daughters and their boyfriends, a total of 6 people and we still did 50 MPH.

They all loved it and I was supprised at this 185's power.....Too bad its for sale.....

Its starting to get warm here and its definetly boating time...at least during the day, still a little chilly at night but that will be over soon.

palmtree2

Recruit

We loved our 2655 and love our 325 even better............ I love the payments too!!!! as compared to say SeaRay

Attachments

• OURBOAT.jpg
    OURBOAT.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 0

tonyg11780

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hmm...just an observation. But the number of bayliners currently being restored is quite a big number. Cant say that I can find a large number of Gradys being restore. This could be looked at as bayliners fall apart faster. But think about this, if they werent great boats with a passionate following, why would people bother restoring them? We all know that boats with wood construction rot. As a matter of fact, leave out the wood and boats still rot. So why is there not a huge following of people wanting to find old Gradys and restore them? I cant seem to come up with an answer to that...

Tony

MLOR

Recruit

All,

We are currently enjoying our 5th Bayliner! Believe it or not, we’ve never had a single issue with any of our Bayliners.:)

Our pervious enjoyed boat - 2000 Bayliner 3258.
IMG_1766.sized.jpg

And our newest addition - 2007 Bayliner 300.
IMG_2889.sized.jpg