Helloooo

acpjax

Cadet
Good afternoon..

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself... You all seem to have a great community here.
so...um hello. im Adam. reside in florida. Although thanks to the wonders of modern tech im sitting in the middle of the exumas in the bahamas right this moment posting on the forums while i wait for the tide to change.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Helloooo

Welcome to iboats acpiax, a wealth of knowledge to be had here.
Enjoy and look around.

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

acpjax said:
Good afternoon..
im sitting in the middle of the exumas in the bahamas right this moment posting on the forums while i wait for the tide to change.

I hate you already:devil: (kidding). Cold and raining here in NH. Welcome to iboats.d:)

acpjax

Cadet

Dont hate :p come join margaritas are cold.. steaks are defrosting... normans cay pond is a great place to chill and relax. the girlfriend is off shelling on the sand spit and im actually sitting here trying to decide if my boat is big enough/outfitted well enough to make a responsibly safe trip to the down under..

JB

Howdy, Adam.

Considering where you are, how come you don't have something better to do than post here? Not that posting here isn't a great thing, but I don't think I would even consider a minute on a 'puter were I there.

Spent a week on Oahu recently and didn't even think about 'puters. It was great. :)

acpjax

Cadet

got the motor on my tow boat in peices was trying to find some info on it...

That and im trying to plan a trans-atlantic trip...spain, down around affrica, the med. Australia. etc etc . Just not sure if its a smart idea with my current boat. And even it is. I still have a laundry list of stuff i need to do first before i can even think about it. :)

Not to mention im waiting on my old man. Hes about 2 hours late do to my mother making him pack half the house into the boat

acpjax

Cadet

Thankyou all for the welcomes. Hopefully ill see you all around if anyone is planning on a trip to the bahamas soon send me a pm. For now though.. got to run my lunch hook is slipping... time to go for a dive and reset it. guess i should probably go pick the gf up to :p

dock.jpg

LubeDude

Admiral

Welcome:

Now here is a guy living the life we all wish we could live!

It`s raining so hard here right now it`s going sideways.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Welcome to the zoo, Adam. And good luck with the motor.
emthup.gif

acpjax

Cadet

thanks 12Footer you know... by now i should have learned that you start simple and get more complicated as you troubleshoot however after 4 hours and a motor in peices i pulled the plugs and 2 of the heads were mashed down.. *sigh* feel like kicking my own ass some times.. :p

LubeDude yeh... this is my first boat i could live on have only had it for 3 months.. but to be honest day to day living expenses are cheaper for me on board then it is on land.. a few solar pannels on deck power most systems durring the day 2 efficent generators for night and AC. and thanks to the modern internet miricles the internet allows me to work from the boat as long as i stay around the carrabean and continental us

JB

Added information now makes sense, Adam.

Bon Voyage. :)

QC

Supreme Mariner

acpjax said:
and thanks to the modern internet miricles the internet allows me to work from the boat as long as i stay around the carrabean and continental us

And that right there is the answer to JB's question. Who is better off? The guy who works in the middle of the Caribbean from his boat or the guy who works all year so he can go to the Caribbean?

Welcome aboard Adam!!! Yeah gotta have air, fuel & spark . . . they're funny that way.

acpjax

Cadet

Damn chemistry!!!... oddly enough i just replaced the plugs and this motor in the 10 or so years ive had it has never done this to a set of plugs... ah well... might be time for a replacement.. mabye upgrade to one of the honda 4 strokes. 8).

I dont know QC i wake up with the sun... get in my hammock with the laptop and a cup of coffee work while the sun comes up. Come noone im mostly done with work... Biggest challenge is keeping ourselfs entertained :) but ill take working from the boat in the middle of the bahamas for the win over my desk job any day... :) Ciao its time to cook food...