Democrats Push for Troop Cuts Within Months

crunch

Commander
Here it is, just as expected.... anyone want to speculate on the results the Democratic plan of “phased redeployment of troops” will have?

WASHINGTON, Nov. 12 — Democratic leaders in the Senate vowed on Sunday to use their new Congressional majority to press for troop reductions in Iraq within a matter of months, stepping up pressure on the administration just as President Bush is to be interviewed by a bipartisan panel examining future strategy for the war.

The Democrats — the incoming majority leader, Senator Harry Reid of Nevada; the incoming Armed Services Committee chairman, Senator Carl Levin of Michigan; and the incoming Foreign Relations Committee chairman, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr. of Delaware — said a phased redeployment of troops would be their top priority when the new Congress convenes in January, even before an investigation of the conduct of the war.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/13/w...&ex=1164085200&partner=MYWAY&pagewanted=print

Laddies

Banned
Re: Democrats Push for Troop Cuts Within Months

Thats the way the Democrats always get more welfare dollars is to cut military spending regardless of the consequents to the country, the rest they take from the veterans and will sooner or later get around to raising taxes. After all that where the buy thier votes from the welfare system people and the liberals not alot of differance in thier thinking

txswinner

Banned

Troll, troll, rant rant,

BRING HOME THE TROOPS the people have spoken.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

What? And things are currently going so well over there.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Wasnt it the liberal left that said part of the problem was that we didnt put enough troops on the ground to "win" the war? So now that we are struggling to control the violence over there we should pull some of our troops out....yep that will fix it.....worked well in vietnam.......ooopps I shouldnt have mentioned that war cuz it will get Tx's undies in a bind......Lets see, everybody....Left and right felt we should have waged war on iraq......Many of the left and right said we sent to few troops to do the job, so wouldnt sending more troops in and taking care of bussiness make more sence?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Like has been said before, CUT AND RUN. Leave them high and dry. Who cares, they can't provide any votes for the Dems, so why pay them any heed.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

The consensus among most is that we need to begin to draw-down(re-deploy?) or increase numbers. Same-o, same-o, status quo is just getting more killed. Demos are not likely to increase numbers, so the only other logical option is to re-deploy(draw-down). Right now those poor troops are just cannon fodder waiting to be picked off by insurgents. Very dis-tasteful to you neo-cons, but you lost the election, remember.

LubeDude

Admiral

mikeandronda said:
wouldnt sending more troops in and taking care of bussiness make more sence?

Yes Mike, for those of us that can think clearly and for ourselves it would.

Enough said!

I`m thinking of changing my statement under my sig to read.

"Good morning, Welcome to the first day or the fall of a once great strong nation"!

Now we are ruled by a bunch of limp wristed folk that think we should be ruled by the United nations.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

America is someday going to be taught.........actually humanity is going to be taught a very hard lesson someday.....Until we as a race learn to come together and unite as one against desposts and there agenda's

Despots agenda: Each had a penchant for sadism. And each would no doubt claim that the murder and mayhem that took place under his rule was necessary for law and order or to make the trains run on time. But whether their excuse is ideological or practical, the genuine reason was an overweening egotism at the expense of everything and everyone else.

Simply said when you run from a bully, there's hell to pay. We ran for years and it ended up causing 911............. There next attempt will be even more brazen and costly if we leave Bagdad....These people are not civilized as we understand the world. If we leave we just emboldem them.

History has shown us that no despot has ever came around to diplomacy...........never....never How can a party which does have extreme idiological differences from the Muslim world unite us, by the tolerance of understanding diversity and it's benefit's. THAT is exactly why we are in this present state of chaos.

This is not going to be a Vietnam when we left those poor souls 2 million people died........that's 2 million souls. This time... god help us all.

rogerwa

Commander

I think this is a essentially a "promise keeper". The troop levels have fluctuated quite significantly of the past year and a half, up and down.

This is a way for the dems to keep their base happy and not do anything materially different.

A flat out bring the troops home effort is a the worst thing we could do now. We need to win this thing, I don't care about political parties, we just need to win this thing.

If you are seeing the news reports out right now, the iranians spy drone photos of our carrier, the recent Chinese sub tailing our carrier and iran saying the end of Israel is close. These are all warning signs we should be paying very close attention to.

Withdrawing with our tails between our legs, is essentially a handing the victory to the bad guys and letting them know that we truly are a paper tiger. We don't have the balls to win a conflict. I wouldn't be deterred by us either.

Beleive me, if we wanted to win this thing, we could. You could argue very effectively that the dissention is costing American lives, because the dissent causes us to attack this thing with an arm and leg tied behind our back. We are not having trouble because we lack the capability. It is OUR fault we have emboldened ourt enemies.

I am sick right know of what I am reading in the news. Not because the repubs lost, but because our nation, in the world view, has been humbled and is weak. (Also, because I know I will be paying more taxes, probably to fund social programs that I am morally opposed to)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

LubeDude said:
Now we are ruled by a bunch of limp wristed folk that think we should be ruled by the United nations.
Better than be ruled by that gutless dunce that's in the White House now.

crunch

Commander

BoatBuoy said:
LubeDude said:

Thank you, we all benefit from your vast experience and wisdom.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Well, then the answer is clear:
Re-instate the draft....
No deferrments for anyone, even if you can't hold a gun....
There are plenty of non-combat positions.....
But everyone has to participate....
Say a 2 year minimum.....
The job won't get done with a volunteer army.......JK

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

custombycrunch said:
BoatBuoy said:
LubeDude said:

Thank you, we all benefit from your vast experience and wisdom.

You're welcome. Anytime.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Give me a break Haut, be for real, you guys hold the majority in the Gov.now. You guys also voted to go to war, then complained about it how it was done......so now lets hear ideas on how to win........can you do it? I bet not, or insted of giving smart alek remarks we would get some wisdom from you and the left.......Im a Repub.......you guys got my attention, Im listening....all of America is listening........ now poop or get off the pot, lets see what you got. Oh and less troops? Do you really think that will keep us safer in Iraq? Give us poor lost Repubs something to agree with you....anything?

oddjob

Commander

Roger said:

This is a way for the dems to keep their base happy and not do anything materially different.

BINGO!

Haut...in case you forgot (cause its a well known fact), recrutment is higher that ever. that means previous peace time. The few stories I hear about the good that our solders are doing reference some men who are on their third tour. Employment is up back here in the states. I think you probably know this, but you would rather further liberals retoric and its lies like a good pundit..

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Now OJ the American public has spoken. The big bad Rebubs are out, the good, kindly uncorupt Dems are in now things can be done right and all will be well. The terrorists will no longer attack us we will win the war in iraq and we will all have a much better lives here in the states....You knowe they have a plan......just wait one of our Dems here at iboats is gonna tell us the plan anytime now......waiting.........waiting...............waiting.................and waiting.........Oh I know, its gonna be lets impeach Bush....there we go theres a plan Whoooo hoooooo.

oddjob

Commander

Wait!..Pw has a plan, its been developing, and changing, for a few years now....just ask him. opps, I forgot....he can only tell us what "W" did wrong. Unless you cvount "cut aND RUN" as a plan.

impeachment?..noooo...Nancy said all is forgiven...same for Rommy and others....

that only meant she wont start the paperwork for the process. I cant wait......I hope they do it. I want my sons to see the level people and their pundits will stoop too all in the name of power and ego.