Mexican Fence

crunch

Commander
Re: Mexican Fence

I best get this on record before you edit again d:)

Chain link and barbed wire fences are great for containing livestock.

That was your before edit post.

Since implimented , not one reported breach by a horse,cow,sheep,or goat using bolt cutters,makeshift ladders,hacksaws, or shovels. That fence will really have those coyotes baffled though.

I'd imagine if the fence was backed up with all of the gadgets the Military has, and a reaction force to go out and "nab" the trespassers, and a policy that "deters" them from coming across in the first place, we just might get a handle on the border problem.

Got something to add to this?... or is it just.......

ob

Admiral

MY point was that mexicans won't have much more than a few second delay petetrating a barbed wire or chainlink fence with a dull set of bolt cutters,hack saws,or makeshift ladders.Keep out signs don't work real well either.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Uh crunch . . . my plan assumes that we actually want one that can get through congress . . . and mine probably has too much negatory to go through too.

I usually like gridlock in Washington. Maybe this another good example. Fact is all we have to do is enforce the laws we have, yes the hiring ones too . . . ;)

crunch

Commander

True, but you can patrol that fence as the terrain dictates, and with all the gadgets we have, interdict the trespassers and jail them... see my plan above... they won't be back for the second offence.

crunch

Commander

QC said:
Uh crunch . . . my plan assumes that we actually want one that can get through congress . . . and mine probably has too much negatory to go through too.

I usually like gridlock in Washington. Maybe this another good example. Fact is all we have to do is enforce the laws we have, yes the hiring ones too . . . ;)

I know... all this Hoopla about the border when we already have the laws in place... but that's the point, the current laws are lost in the haze of political correctness and expediency.

We need new TOUGH laws that spell it out real plain... come here for work?... we WILL put you to work.

We need to shut down the 1/2 of the Mexican GNP that is sucked out of this country every year, and don't get me started on the social costs of this invasion.

Did you see the signs of the protesters when the Illegal's walked out a month or so ago?... they said they weren't trespassing, just reclaiming their country. (paraphrased)

It's time this country re-discovered it's backbone........ IMNSHO. d:)

ob

Admiral

All they're getting now when caught is a free ride back to border,some bottled drinks,and maybe even a sandwich. The true litmus test to slow the flow of illegals is to clean house on the companies that use them.That will just slow the flow of the ones coming here to work.The concept of jailing all of the offenders ain't gonna happen.Twenty million were turned back last year alone.I don't have the stats on how many of those were repeats.It's like trying to control fire ants with an icepick.

That fence that separtates Cuba and Haiti from the Florida coast doesn't even work.What's it called?Oh yea,the Gulf of Mexico.

crunch

Commander

That's QC's plan... and it has great merit, but if we come up with a plan that not only doesn't suck, but also blows, we might have something that could work. 8)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

A simple plan,,,,,,no hire for work, no renting of housing, and english only in ALL business establishments.

IMHO, the fence should have been built back in the 1900's but the wealty has always loved the cheap labor. Been that way and will always be that way.

Put guns in the hands of 12 million of them and it would be easy for them to overthrow our government. Just hope and pray this never happens in my families life time. It sure is sad what the greedy wealthy has done to our country.:'(

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

^^ That is the SECOND most hilarious thing I have seen in my 4 short months here on iboats (right behind the elephant & mariachi band)!

Another good one, xtraham :p

xtraham

Lieutenant

glad you got a chuckle Stevie, it's just the way I feel about illegal, and minorities, they are taking food from our families and money from our pockets,
I just checked out a job service here in MD to further my education, and because I will need a test score of 90% to get into a school I am interested in, if I had been a minority the score for approval is 60%
if I was a minority that would be a slap in the face to me, but they see as getting over on whitey..........
I am not looking for a hand out just to be educated in something that I want to pursue

D

DJ

A fence is worthless. It's sort of like closing the barn door after all the livestock is running down the road.

The only way to stop it is to enforce the laws we already have and stop hiring the illegals.

xtraham

Lieutenant

DWJ said:
A fence is worthless. It's sort of like closing the barn door after all the livestock is running down the road.

The only way to stop it is to enforce the laws we already have and stop hiring the illegals.

exactly, but how do we stop it ?

PW2

Commander

These simplistic arguments remind me of how we got into Iraq:

Hm, " Let's get rid of Saddam and establish a democracy in Iraq!" "Great idea!"

Now, when all heck breaks loose over there, those same people say "Whuhappened?"

When those same people suggest rounding everyone up and deporting them, all 11` million of them..

If they do that, the whole US economy will collapse, and they will say again "Whuhappened?"

If these folks were not performing some sort of needed service, and getting paid for that, they wouldn't come here. I'm not suggesting we not do anything about them, but only that we anticipate the potential consequences of any such action, and pre-plan for it before we start jumping into some solution that will result in everyone looking at each other bewildered saying "Whuhappened?"

D

DJ

exactly, but how do we stop it ?

Again, enforce the laws we already have. Prosecute and make them stick.

It is illegal to hire an undocumented worker.

In employers defense, the Fed. has down a lousy job in setting up a clearinghouse of information as to who is legal and who is not.

However, the American public does not have the stomach to take this subject on. Liberals will have a "field day" exploiting the plight of poor people coming here for "opportunity".

It is my opinion and always has been that: I have no issue with workers being here as long as we know who they are and where they are. Many do not want to live here, they just want to work awhile and go back. Our current convoluted enforcement policies do not allow that.

xtraham

Lieutenant

DWJ,
again I agree 100% but here in my area it seams that the fed's concentrate on the big companies that employ 50/100 illegal's, they raid the company give them a small fine that they have already saved 10 times over in cheap labor and it's over,
I feel if illegal's are found employed by anyone they should be made to pay double tax for an estimated time period, a substantial fine, and employee audit for the next several years............

D

DJ

xtraham,

I don't disagree that is what happens. It happens here too. Law enforcement goes after big numbers, for the impact, however they aren't even scratching the surface.

The Fed's know that they are being two faced, on this issue. They can't provide solid citizenship proof so they tread lightly on enforcement.

The real numbers are in folks, just like you and me, picking up illegals at Home Depot and getting them to do our dirty work. Plus, many (not all) smaller contractors are guilty of that.

The simple truth is that we (much of the public) just plain don't care.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

However, the American public does not have the stomach to take this subject on.

Neither does corporate America.

Here's another angle that I haven't heard anybody touch on yet - what about the companies that see them as consumers/spenders & pander to them with "se habla Espanol" & all that? OK - illegals funnel x-number of dollars back to Mexico, but that means they are spending x-number of dollars HERE, so corporations are going to make daggone sure they get their fair share of it - making it easier for them (be they legal or not)instead of them having to adapt to our language & culture.
Good old American greed is driving that & it is going to be REAL hard to go back. What do we do - boycott bi-lingual businesses? Another tough question.

D

DJ

Neither does corporate America.

Corporate America has absolutely nothing to do with this. Since when should you, or do you, have to show an ID to buy a roll of toilet paper?

If you believe it's all American greed, then what about: Kia, Hyundia, Sony, LG, Mitsubishi and so on doing the same thing?

Border security is solely the role of the Federal government.

They would not be here if people didn't hire them. It's that simple. Corporate America does not hire these people (knowingly). They can't afford the backlash. One thing the medai never told was that the so called "Wal Mart" illegals were the employees of a supplier, not Wal Mart.

stevieray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Corporate America has absolutely nothing to do with this. Since when should you, or do you, have to show an ID to buy a roll of toilet paper?

What I'm sayin' is....corporate America (including the American outposts of the foreign-based companies you mention) is contributing to the problem by their bi-lingual policies. Make it harder to live, work & do business without learning English & American culture & it should make it more unattractve to come here. There's no Federal law making anybody label store aisles in Spanish, is there? Why make them feel so "at home" here then? Dollars is the only reason.