hey guys!

rickd20006

Seaman Apprentice
Just need to know the proper procedure for winter storage. ie motor prep.

Thanks much!

Rick

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: hey guys!

The proceedure here is to go fill up with fuel. Pretty soon it'll be cool enough to start using the boats again.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

hey D. went saturday. it's time to fish!!! we also have a family tradition to waterski an new years. clik on the numbers in ricks post to get to excellent threads.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

Yep, we do an annual fishing trip every year at Christmas time. This will be the 20th year. 3 days on the fish shack in December!

mikesea

Lieutenant Commander

Ah yes,I must agree with my fellow Floridians,Fuel the boat,get out the BIG livewell,for my Sailfish baits.Did you know Sailfishing is best,when its snowing up north.I still dislike buying my Christmas tree in heat,the darn needles stick to my sweat.The kids were always able to go kneeboarding or skiing.As long as there's a boat and an ocean.who needs snow

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Well tas I'm glad you said to click on Rick's numbers. I thought he was being a smarta$$ by just putting numbers on the screen and I couldn't figure out what prompted that. d:)

Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Hey Mike, wife and I spent a few winter days in the Keys once. Had coats and all on in Dallas getting on the plane and stripped down to shorts when we got there....Sugarloaf Key. Wife caught (a big) one of those tropical looking fish; beautiful.

Sure was a drastic change going and coming back.

Mark

ddcarter3

Seaman

Funny this popped up. I was telling a friend about rebuilding the '87 Johnson 70. He laughed and said something about finishing just in time for the winter season. I laughed at him. I fish and play golf year round here outside of Houston. To tell the truth, I wore cutoffs last Jan. 1 and remimber playing golf when it was 20 deg on Jan. 1. It's the old Forest Gump weather, you just never know what your going to get.