johnson igniton

ntrain

Cadet
just changed ing to new switch with push in type choke on key this is how I wired it back up purple to A red to B purple white is choke ground from motor and another ground are m also manual shows black and yellow to one of the m and white wire from netural switch goes to s when I start engine everything is fine but as soon as it goes into gear engine is cut off seems like a problem with wiring or netural switch . please assist thanks

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Re: johnson igniton

First give us a horsepower and year or a model number.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

What is the motor model? Was it Ok before you changed the switch? Scratching my head trying to imagine what's wrong, with no answers except could the switch be defective? It sounds like you have it wired correctly. If you actually have it the way you are describing, that is.

It sounds like the black/yellow is connected somehow to the neutral switch. I don't know how you could do that unless you got the wires on the wrong terminals or the switch is goofed up inside.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

The black/with yellow stripe wire should go to one of the
"M" terminals BY IT'S SELF. All the other black grounds should be on the other "M" terminal.

ntrain

Cadet

it is 150 johnson 89 have it wired just like manual said I am going to try yellow and black to m by itself , the switch is new but you never know