dva adapter

JUSTINTIME

Captain
Re: dva adapter

if u need diagrams how to make a dva i have them from my MMI school.
it is all radio shack components

Paul Moir

Admiral

That's a good deal from kajun! ;)
JustInTIme, I made my own but it's hideously complicated. Their is the simple bridge-rectifier design but it doesn't work much below 2 volts so it isn't all that great for testing triggers. I would very much like to see another design. If you've got the time, send it to me at paul.moir@gmail.com . Thanks!

Kajun37

Petty Officer 1st Class

ES must have just lowered the price on the DVA adapter..it's now listed for $35 it was $40....sept 6th i paid $44.76 with shipping.....i still have the adapter if someone wants it... yours for $32 shipped.....

getsaved

Cadet

by the way why cant you just use a regular meter. what exactly is a dva adapter

JUSTINTIME

Captain

Kajun37 said:
ES must have just lowered the price on the DVA adapter..it's now listed for $35 it was $40....sept 6th i paid $44.76 with shipping.....i still have the adapter if someone wants it... yours for $32 shipped.....

only problem with that dva is once the leads breaks u need to throw it away

Kajun37

Petty Officer 1st Class

well if you drop your multimeter and break it you have to throw it away also......so dont break your leads :)...anyway its sold

getsaved

Cadet

There are meters out there that measure peak voltage that are not dva meters. could these meters work?

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

All volt meters read RMS which can be converted to peak by multiplying it by 1.414 however at lower RPMs this does not work because the sampling rate on a DVM is too high. When a motor is running at 1000 RPM that is only 16 cylces per second which is too slow for most DVMs to accuratly read. The DVA uses a capacitor to hold the charge for better and more consistant voltage testing.