Were the democrates blindsided?

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
So was the leak to the nytimes about the NIE report to help the dems or were they set up?

One sentence was reveled and the dems were all over it. Then President Bush declassified parts of the report that congress has had since April. Now the dems want the whole declassified. Why didn't the dems want the whole document declassified when it looked bad for the President after one sentence?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: Were the democrates blindsided?

Cuz "W' is a dummy & his political advisors told him to....:^.....JK

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Haut said:
Cuz "W' is a dummy & his political advisors told him to....:^.....JK

Just maybe Rove was behind it, and the dems were set up? Wonder who the dummies are now..Let's see..Hilary..turbin durbin...kerry...dingi harry.......

Just maybe someone was tired of the leaks hurting the Pesident and knew the times couldn't resist the chance to try to slam him again

Just maybe.....

Heck he got President Bush elected twice while the dems beat the same old drums....whos's smarter?

rogerwa

Commander

Frankly I am more concerned about the politically motivated leak of classified information. There should be investigations to determine who is doing this. To me this crosses political boundaries.

I beleive the media should be culpable if they print knowingly classified info. If it isn't illegal, I think it should be.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

rogerwa said:
Frankly I am more concerned about the politically motivated leak of classified information. There should be investigations to determine who is doing this. To me this crosses political boundaries.

I beleive the media should be culpable if they print knowingly classified info. If it isn't illegal, I think it should be.

I agree, but some people just don't see it, why? It shouldn't matter who leaked it or who the leak helps, it should be investigated. But Wilsons wife got the Independatnt counsle for one person, but natioal security gets nothing?

crunch

Commander

rogerwa said:

clap2.gif

PW2

Commander

This isn't about Repubs or Dems. It is about the Ameridcan voters/citizens and making an informed choice.

Some things need to be classified, of course, but when that classified stuff is classified only to maintain political advantage, or to mislead the citizens it is wrong.

Sunlight is the best disinfectant.

I can't believe the concern is over who is going to gain political advantage, as opposed to how effective our strategy and tactics are re this war . How is that "supporting our troops"?

imported_Curmudgeon

Chief Petty Officer

.. but when that classified stuff is classified only to maintain political advantage, or to mislead the citizens it is wrong.

Right on, Bro, and I can't think of a better person to decide what should or shouldn't be classified than some 'hole at the NYT. It's time this "fredom of the press" crap gets vetted in a court of law. Call it whatever you wish, but printing classified information is against the freakin law, whether it should or shouldn't be is irrelevent, and ought to be prosecuted as such.

txswinner

Banned

Dems or Reps we have a huge problem with our government. The politicians serve only to serve themselves and be re-elected. Money has corrupted the democractic process. I fear the solution is too late as the large, and I mean large (likely does not include any of us), have control of the process through contributions.

Throw all the rocks but the only solution is to restore the free enterprize system. This was recognized many years ago resulting in the Anti-trust laws that have now been either ignored or dissolved by politicians supporting the large corp.

txswinner

Banned

Sorry just realized I may have hijacked your post.

Leaks are a tool used by politicians for political reasons with consequences to others given no consideration.

Yes, I believe the Republicans are smarter politicians. My problem is I would like representation not politics. That is how this whole thing got started, I believe. Something about taxation without representation. Not exact but lots of similarities.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Nope, its just a big game played by the politicians to make you think that your vote for "X" will actually make a difference.

That is how they get the sheeple to vote, cause otherwise they would just sit at home and watch MTV.

Ken

PW2

Commander

Quote:

Nope, its just a big game played by the politicians to make you think that your vote for "X" will actually make a difference.

Now there is a champion of democracy!

It seems like most are suggesting that the press be forced only to publish the official government line, with threat of imprisonment.

I think that has been tried before if memory serves.

This NIE report really said nothing new that most retired and some active generals have been saying already in Congress, and it is the administration that somehow is living in a parrallel universe, where something is not true unless they wish it to be true.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Blindsided? NO. They have had this information (both sides) for months. They tried to do exactly what they accused President Bush of. Selectively choosing information that meets their cause. The neat thing is we can prove the democrats did, but not President Bush.

They got exactly what they deserve. They must be the most stupid group to head the party in years. The dumbest president ever just beat the smartest people in the country in a simple game of chicken.

Good thing those dem's are always trying to support the troops. :'(

PW2

Commander

Now you all have me really confused.

Just exactly what part of this newly released NIE report reflects well on our current "stay the course" strategy?

And what part of it allegedly "blindsided" democrats?

Just what exactly are you all putting in that kool-aid, anyway?