Putting away for season

TrenchFisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class
I live in the northeast so I need to winterize my new engine. Do i need to take it to an authorized dealership to get this done so it does not void the warranty? Its a 2006 Suzuki 175 4 stroke. Thanks for the info.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Putting away for season

on an outboard were not particularly concerned about the cold as long as the lower unit drain holes are clear, however there is a lot of shiney metal parts that need protection as well as any hull water system and wiring.

Keps1

Cadet

How did you winterize the motor...dealer or do it yourself? If you did it did it effect the warranty? How have you liked the motor so far?
Thanks

Keps1

Cadet

How did you winterize the motor...dealer or do it yourself? If you did it did it effect the warranty? How have you liked the motor so far?
Thanks 8)

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

to many consumers confuse warrenty from the manufatuere with insurance issues.
when I pull apart a motor and find rust/corrosion on the shiney parts its very very rare I even call my warrenty rep.
the engine manufacturer rarely ships a motor with rusted shiney parts.
on an outboard storage is all about protecting the fuel system and the shiney parts.

will suzuki warrenty freeze damage? aint no way no how.
will suzuki, or any other make, warrenty poor fuel issues due to bad gas? nope it aint gonna happen.
warrenty is just that, its a warrenty that the product is free of defects and workmanship issues, bad gas,corrosion,rusted parts and neglect is not a warrenty issue.

TrenchFisherman

Petty Officer 1st Class

are you asking me about my motor? i love the 174 4 stroke. I always had Mercury in my family but my dealer convinced me to get this engine. It always started easy and plenty of power to push my 21 foot ProLine CC. I got awesome fuel consumption. On one trip this year I was 25 miles of the Jersey Coast and trolled for a few hours and only went through 15 gallons. I didnt wrap my boat yet because i might take it out again for some stripers.

freddy063

Recruit

my first year i had the dealer do it cause if it was bad when they started the next season they would of know they had done it. But it was fine. I do my 200's my self now, foggy the carbs, till it stalls hard to do with 2 hands and 3 inputs, but pull the plugs after and give each cyln. a shot. I all so add the stuff to the fuel and make sure It gets into the carbs, I change the lower ends oil to , and spray a light coat of oil over all motor parts. Grease all grease fitting.

crazy train

Recruit

has anyone figured out how to put the boats away for the season with the ethanol gas? Do you still leave it full and add additives or what?