Fuel Guage

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class
Picked up another pair of 1997 Seadoo GTX's to replace ones that were stolen and these are in better shape than the ones I had. The only problem I can see is that one of skis' LCD fuel guage does not work. The info center above it works fine. Where would I start to determine what could be the cause or whats bad.?

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Fuel Guage

pull the sending unit out of the tank and see if it is bad or the float is heavy . fuel gauges on those are a common issue, if it has the black float place the float in some gas and see if it sinks, if it has the white float shake it and see if gas is inside. if the float is not the problem replace the sending unit, an easy way to see if the sender is good is simply turn on the info center and hold the entire fuel tube upside down and see if the gauge reads full

sailsmanship

Petty Officer 1st Class

I forgot to say that it just doesn't read correctly, none of the bars light up. Would the same description above apply? or would it be something else?

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander

A bad float or a bad sending unit can do that , try jumping the 2 wires that feed the sending unit from the computer with the key on and see if the gauge reads full ,, if it does then you know the gauge works