Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

1976GM

Cadet
Re: Looking for other Glassmaster boat owners..

I posted a couple of years ago some pics of my 1976 Glassmaster Daytona 700E. I will add the pics tomorrow, but I had some soft spots and holes in the deck around the OMC Ford 302 V8 that I fixed and re-decked with finished redwood this week.

Big E 81

Recruit

I picked up a 1965 Glassmaster for free a while back. Haven't really had a chance to look it over real good yet but it appears to be pretty solid. I'll put some pics on here when I get a chance. It's a 19 ft closed bow. Somebody told me it's called a Gulfstream but all I see on the side is 'Glassmaster'. It needs a floor and I've never done that before so if anybody has any tips I'd appreciate it. Also if anybody could direct me to a checklist or something for looking over an old boat that would be helpful.

oceris

Recruit

I am a 1987 Glassmaster owner. I am also new to this site so bare with me. I purchased this boat as a new boat owner, never owned a boat before. I will tell you though i did'nt make a mistake with this one, me and the family love it. I will post pics soon.

MistaLesPaul

Cadet

I am owner of a 16ft Glassmaster and know nothing about it! I'm glad I found this thread, maybe someone can help me identify what I have!

The last two digits of the serial number are 73 so I'm assuming she's a '73?

I am running a 1987 40hp Mercury 2 stroke outboard.

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

008-1.jpg

So far, i've built new seats for her and have given her a fresh coat of bottom paint.

catch fillet

Cadet

Have 19ft center console--88 year--trying to find specs--size of gas tank and other things---Plz help.:D

happychappy

Recruit

Whats up fellas, I just got a 1973 16 foot Glassmaster w/ a 1972 65 hp mercury 3 cylinder about 2 weeks ago. The motor had good compression and spark since then I have had the lower unit and carbs rebuilt. I rewired all the lights and horn so I can get some night fishing done. This is my first boat, me and my brother got it on the water on Friday check out the vid. I had a question about the bimi top. It came wiht one from the previous owner but it fell apart on the way home. Where can I get a replacement or can any bimi top work?

http://www.facebook.com/#!/video/video.php?v=1385637161047&ref=mf

catfighter

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm thinking about getting a Glassmaster outboard for fishing and generally hangin' out. These boats look like a lot of fun and aren't so bulky as a pontoon boat.

With a pontoon, I fear I'll be stuck keeping it on one body of water and have difficulty storing it somewhere during the off-season.

a 16 or 18' Glassmaster looks like it holds 4 people rather comfortably and probably scoots up the river pretty well!

electricjohn

Petty Officer 1st Class

A younger friend of mine just brought his grandparents 1962 13 ft. Glassmaster back to life after a 40+ year lay-up. The original 1962, 45 hp (white) Merc is still on the boat and ran great. He just spent a week on vacation with my family. His grandparents taught me to ski behind this boat in 1963 and I got to get another ski run in behind it again this year. We took a lot of pictures of the boat, so I will post one or more when I can round some up.

edit; found out today the model was a Sonoma
O.K. Finally reduced the picture size so it can be posted. Lets see if it works.Mother Bird 09 low res.jpg

Moxie

Seaman Apprentice

Hey all, just joined the forum. I have a 1968 (or 1969) Glassmaster 16 foot closed hull. Has the original 50 HP Merc outboard. It was purchased new by my grandfather and passed down to me. Itching to get it on the water, wish that ice would just melt...... I'l post a few pics, but it's nearly identical to this one: http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=175939&p=1849568&viewfull=1#post1849568

Same seat upholstery but mine has a "v" windshield and a horn on the bow.

Phfantasm

Cadet

I got a 1977 Glassmaster runabout, i think its a Patriot... its 18 foot long with a mercruiser 888 Ford 302 alpha 1 drive... ran like a top on my test drive.... 24 hours later, i launched it, ran around in the bay, went to load it on the trailer and couldnt get into reverse... then no forward... somehow, the coupler is shot!! I am so broken hearted and angry all at once ( i had 3 grand to spend, i gave 3500 for it and now, its a hole to toss money in)

emoney

Commander

Here's one I just picked up.....
Boat.jpg

Boat2.jpg

Boat3.jpg

Don't know a lot about it, other than the 'Rude is a 140 and purrs like a kitten. PO took out the back-to-backs and
put in a captains helm and a cooler seat for the passenger(s). Nice big solid boat, though.

jer8716

Recruit

Hello im new here and hew to the tri hull boats i just got this 1976 glassmaster yesterday paid five hundred for it and all ive have to do hopfully get if water ready is new seats atfer the controls for the 1967 chrysler 75 if anyone can help me out with the modle i would appercate it on th uscg plate by the helm says modle 500x but i can't find anything with that modle number thanks for reading

Attachments

• new boat 2.jpg
    new boat 2.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 0
  • new boat.jpg
    new boat.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 0

wsu_liston

Cadet

Just bought my new project this past weekend. I'm told its a 1967 Glassmaster 14'. New floor ply here and fiberglass/carpet on its way.

Attachments

• Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 0

mudah0lic

Recruit

just got a 79 glassmaster. says its a 850b, but i cant find anything about it online. i stripped it to see what im workin with. transom is solid, floor is rotton, i junked the motor (chrysler 90) got a johnson 125 lined up, the plaque says it can handle 160hp. its about 20 feet long, but have no idea exactly. we got title, trailer, everything for $400. think we got a good deal, i know how to do fiberglass work very well. the seats were plywood and woodscrews holding everything down, a bag of sand behind the gas tank by the plug, removed it n almost no water came out. the gas tank (internal) i fear needs replaced or atleast looked at internally. the gas cap is no where to be found, and there was a secondary tank by the rear seats in the storage space with a papertowel plugged into the inlet. looks like they took a sawzall n cut into the transome to make the motor fit. the body has no damage except 2 minor cracks in the gel coat, had it all tapped and its nice and solid, just needs gel coat repaired. i emailed a repair shop about fixing the floor, building the transom back up and repairing the cracks, im curious what their quote will be. i figure if the atleast look at it and tell me what needs done, i will have a list of things to fix. glass is in perfect shape. the trailer has some surface rust but nothing major. other than that needs cleaned and waxed.

aaronb76

Recruit

1st time boat owner & 1984 Glassmaster Sabre 560 owner as of yesterday! It's got a 1990 Mercury 90outbd....starter wont engage, motor spins freely and i'm sure I got some $ to spend all together, but, ima get her rite! Check the pics....I got ALOT of questions in the future coming! Glad to be a part of the board and stoked to finally own a boat of my own! Couldn't resist, I got the boat, trailer & motor for $500! Hopefully ima do work and get this thing in shape to finish off the summer! We will see!

photobucket-6882-1310339866381.jpg

photobucket-7009-1310339509065.jpg

photobucket-2620-1310339583644.jpg

photobucket-6880-1310339624549.jpg

photobucket-6909-1310339657452.jpg

71glass

Recruit

1971 16' Glassmaster (new seats, paint, steering wheel and glove box) with 100HP Evinrude (with brand new power pack I installed myself)
A buddy practically gave this boat to me. It is on the small side, but the engine is strong and reliable. (after the power pack failing)
This is my second G'master. I owned a '69 I/O in the early eighties.
I'll post some pictures from home when I get a chance.
I'm near Greenville SC. Look for me on Lake Keowee! (or Jocassee)

fng985

Recruit

Ok I know this is a glassmasters looking for owners thread but need a real answer just not go with glassmaster so here's the question. I'm gettin my first boat goin to trade a old hot rod oldsmobile for one but don't know wich to go with a 1976 glassmaster supreme 18' with 302 omc or a 1994 hydra sports bay (open bow) 17' with a 120 evinrude outboard. I'm going to use it for cruising family around and pullin them on raft n such with some fishing. I have a 6yr old 9yr old and a 13 yr old. Thanks for any help, chris.

1dbo

Cadet

Does any one know of anyone looking for a glassmaster boat ? I am in the need to sell it I hate to it is a great little boat
It is a 1977 glassmaster charger with a 55 hp johnson very clean and very good condition it has always been kept inside.
If anyone knows of anyone that would give it a good home please reply to this post.

jmassalou

Recruit

DSC_0049.jpgDSC_0056.jpg I picked this 1972 Glassmaster up before the summer for my son and I to enjoy, He lost interest, And I gained interest in fishing so I bought a caenter console and now have a potential buyer from Florida, All original with the original motor 140hp Mercury. Boat was and is alot of fun. Kinda hate to see it go.

OHFireman

Recruit

I am a newish owner, I have a 1972 Glassmaster Trihull it was grandpas boat and after his passing I have taken to fixing the motor a outboard Johnson 100hp 1972 50th anniversary motor and did a little stringer/floor repair on it just took it out last week for first time in 4 yrs and man do I still love this boat ran great, had it out on Cumberland Lake. Soon as I figure out how to put a photo up I will