Yamaha 150 1998 Cut wrong wire?

BadgerXXX

Cadet
When I purchased my boat the wiring was a nightmare and today I cut out the old wires. I was careful not to cut anything on the engine harness or coming from the switch but not careful enough.
Now when I turn the key I get a buzzing sound but no crank. The push in choke still works. Nothing was cut near the engine. Only the accessory wires under the console. Anyone want to take a stab at what got cut?

Thanks

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re: Yamaha 150 1998 Cut wrong wire?

yep, ya cut the wrong one, care to guess what color ?

BadgerXXX

Cadet

rodbolt said:
yep, ya cut the wrong one, care to guess what color ?

The guy had removed the fuse panel and ran all the acessory wiring right off the batterys. I can't even count how man wires. So not a clue on what got color got cut. Looking at the switch there are not really a lot of wires going to the engine.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

should be 10 wires in the main harness. 7 go to the ign switch.
the engine harness is supposed to be seperate from the hull harness but I have seen a few "spagetti" wire jobs myself.
on the switch,yellow is key on 12v+,black is ground,pink is alarm,dark blue is choke,white is kill circuit,green is tach send,red is 12V from the battery terminal part or the starter solinoid,ltgreen is trim down and light blue is trim up. brown is start.
if the white wire is grounded you will get an alarm when cranking,if the pink is grounded you will get an alarm at key on.

BadgerXXX

Cadet

rodbolt said:
should be 10 wires in the main harness. 7 go to the ign switch.
the engine harness is supposed to be seperate from the hull harness but I have seen a few "spagetti" wire jobs myself.
on the switch,yellow is key on 12v+,black is ground,pink is alarm,dark blue is choke,white is kill circuit,green is tach send,red is 12V from the battery terminal part or the starter solinoid,ltgreen is trim down and light blue is trim up. brown is start.
if the white wire is grounded you will get an alarm when cranking,if the pink is grounded you will get an alarm at key on.
Problem Solved!!!!!
Rodbolt I want to say thanks as allways. Your comments about the circuit got me thinking so I checked to see if the lift worked. And it made the same cklicking noise. Hmmm this is a power issue. I disconnected the duel battery switch. Cleaned the wires and went strait to one battery. Bingo everything worked.