1972 evenrude selector switch assy

camaro

Recruit
i have a 1972 starcraft with a 100 hp evinrude model 100293 r ,i am trying to replace the switch that controls my forward, neutral, and backwards controls, on the bottom i have 5 prongs for the wireing,nobodey has this new ,i did come across a couple on ebay but they have 3 prongs on bottom, will this work or do i replace it with a 3 position switch and hope i dont bump it in opposite gear at full throttel.

woody20

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 1972 evenrude selector switch assy

why try to reinvent the wheel, why not just replace what you know you needs to replaced for it to work again?

woody20

Petty Officer 2nd Class

why try to reinvent the wheel, why not just replace what you know you needs to replaced for it to work again?

camaro

Recruit

i am with 100 percent iam just haveing a hard time finding it ,they dont make this part new so i will have to keep a eye out on e bay i guess.

camaro

Recruit

hi guess web site is being worked on,wont come up,do you think i can replace the control box and wire harness from another boat as long as it has the same button set up on box and if so what years ,i have the black plug in on the motor,i found some on ebay with the black plug but most that i come across have the red plug.does the black plug work on all boats,my boat is not turning over because i am thinking neutrial switch is bad.replaced soliendon starter, key switch.fuse is good in wireing harness.when i turn key on choke button works on boat.