1989 85 hp decarbon

henrymox

Recruit
ive heard of people spraying sea foam in the carbs while the motor is running and then spraying it in the spark plug holes and letting it sit for maybe 15 min and when they restart the motor it blows out a bunch of black smoke and then runs great. well i did this too except i didnt restart the motor for a week and when i started it it started great and blew out nothing but white smoke until it cleared up. it runs fine im just wondering if it makes a difference if i let the sea foam sit for 15 minutes or a week before i restart the motor. i also have a 50 horse 89 bayliner capri 1500 with those plastic windshields and was wondering if anybody knew where i could go for a replacement windshield? thanks

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1989 85 hp decarbon

You won't find any exact replacement windshields, unless you get real lucky.
Try greatlakesskipper dot com , give him a call, he may have one.

You didn't do any harm to your engine, but most of the solvent in the Seafoam evaporated before you ran it.

Do it again.
Warm up the engine.
Spray it in.
Really spray a lot in the cylinders.
Let it sit for up to an hour.
Run it.

And Welcome to iboats Henry.

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have seen a guy help a lot of bayliner owners with older parts. you can try giving him a call to see if he can help.

His name is Monty at Olympic Parts 360-734-9660.

He found me a swim platform for a 1989 capri, it was new, old stock, got it for $63.00 us. I know he has helped others with windsheild peices, just give him a call and see if he has yours

imported_LakeRunner

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You can also get plexiglass from your favorite home builder stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Ace etc). Measure, cut and fit it to your boat. Just don't do like my wife and get the cheap thin stuff!

84force

Seaman Apprentice

LakeRunner said:
You can also get plexiglass from your favorite home builder stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Ace etc). Measure, cut and fit it to your boat. Just don't do like my wife and get the cheap thin stuff!