pwc flush

bbuurma

Cadet
how important is it to flush ur pwc after saltwater use? i dont know because i jetski on lake michingan8)

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: pwc flush

I guess that depends on how important your jet ski is to you. if you don't like it and really want the water jackets to fill up with corrosion and eventually destroy the engine and exhaust system, then it isn't important at all. and by the way it is a good idea to rinse the engine with fresh water use also, not for corrosion reasons but for silt and sand build up in the passages and exhaust system. When you flush an engine you are running the water backward through the engine and washing out garbage through the holes in the pump that normally feed the water to the engine, that is why you see water exiting the pump when it runs on a hose.
you are actually back flushing the cooling system and hose that supply your water, getting out the sand weeds and little pieces of junk that were forced in during your normal operation of the ski.
think about this, if algae and even shrimp can live in the fuel tanks of diesel ships imagine what can be growing inside your cooling system.

ziggy

Admiral
Re: pwc flush

jeff expained it far better than i ever could. but i will agree with him totally. personaly i run in fresh water and still flush it after every use. it just seems like it is good PM........