Temp Alarm... Orange Wire ???

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class
After changing water pump, gear lube.. i started the motor and was gonig to check the Temp alarm when i noticed what i thought the temp alarm to be un hooked for an unknown reason where does this hook up to?

its the ornage wire coming from the top of the head i thought... any help is much appreciated.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: Temp Alarm... Orange Wire ???

Which end is not connected?
Is it connected to the sensor on the head?
The other end connects to the buzzer under the dash.

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

its attached to the head but not do anything else it looks like it attaches to the circuits on the side of the powerhead is that possible?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

It should tie into the terminal strip, then the wiring harness that goes up to the controls.
The buzzer is located under the dash, or in the remote control box.

baxtr

Petty Officer 1st Class

As roscoe said, it does go to the terminal strip. When looking at the strip, the sensor wire should to to the screw on the right side of the terminal, directly next to the orange wire connected on the left side which goes to your buzzer under your steering wheel.

I have my entire 1989 125 apart now (blown piston) so I have pictures of just about evreything. I uploaded a pic of the terminal strip here.

http://webpages.charter.net/baxtr/images/IMG_0275.JPG

Orange from the right is coming from overheat sensor

Brian

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Gotcha! ill look at it tonite finally found a prop for it at a Outboard ship its a 17p Older Michigan. he said its a decent prop but i got it for 50$ so im happy...

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Ok looked at the last night after putting my new prop on there is 2 orange wires one comnig from the top on the powerhead then another coming from the head where teh plugs are the one from the top of the head is not hooked up but the one comnig from the top of the power head is..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

The 2 from the top may have been for a temp gauge at one time.

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

baxtr did you get my PM on the torque washer for your prop? i have an extra if you need one, also know where i can get a tilt/trim motor for the same motor? pref used under 120$ thanks!

Reel-Fun

Petty Officer 3rd Class

baxtr said:
the one by the plugs should be your temp alarm , at least that is where mine is 1989 Force 125

Here is another view of the motor with the temp sensor wire and terminal strip.

http://webpages.charter.net/baxtr/images/temp.jpg

The one near the plugs is not hooked up but the one on the top of the head near the flywheel is i do not know where it goes i traced it into the wiring harness and thats as far as i can see... can i hook both of them up? or should i on.y hook up the alarm cause i obviously dont have a temp guage...