Outboard Motor Took a swim

deejaycee_2000

Captain
Re: Outboard Motor Took a swim

hahaha, very far .... if you ever come this way, give me a shout ....

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

Will do buddy d:) Nice boats Though.. I really like em d:) Now i want one... Sell my hydro and buy a smaller boat prob easyer on fuel that does almost the same speed and scares me while it does it d:)

deejaycee_2000

Captain

lol .... just for interest sake .... on of these toys, as on the pic cost about ... $2200 ..... you can get about 75mph out of it .....

johannes016.jpg

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL!!!! I love it. It looks so calm and slow but she must just fly!!!What pitch prop do you have? Also do you have any pics of your Johnson v8?

deejaycee_2000

Captain

I normally run on a 17 - 19 pitch, always stainless steel ... and yes it does fly lol .... I looked for some pics of the Johnson .... no luck, will see if I can take a couple of pics when I go down to my holiday house again ....

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cool Id like to see how you got your v8 rigged up. Btw did you notice... We got 240 + Views Lol. The most amount amout of views on the Yamaha Page 1 Just kinda cool.

deejaycee_2000

Captain

295 and counting ... nice one ..... :) I'm only going down to my holiday house on the end of September where she is stored, so it will be a while before I can take the pics and post them, but I'll keep looking at home for current ones ...

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

Cool, Id love to see them. Just a question.. what kind of gas mileage do you get d:)

deejaycee_2000

Captain

We have special fuel tanks for these racing inflatables, it is like a big rubber bag, holds about 40 litres of fuel, and you can do about 40 km's on it so I geuss it would be about 1 liter to the kilometer ..... with the V8 I can drain a 25litre tank in about 8 minutes ..... i found a pic on the net that looks similar to mine, but myne is all grey ... check the link http://www.usedvancouver.com/classified-ad/642065

deejaycee_2000

Captain

Look at this monster .... 3.5L OZ V8 OMC Johnson racing outboard ... 425hp at 10 000 rpm .... 115mph ....

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL!!! Is that your boat? That motor is alot bigger than mine was!! that thing is massive! My v8 was big but that looks really big. You got 115 Mph out of it? LOL u got balls i couldnt even get mine to 90 with out me wetten my self!! looken good. Well i guess its not much bigger than my 300 but it just looks bigger since im use to my 150 now. thats Nice to see a old v8 still running, There hard to come by now .

deejaycee_2000

Captain

LOL .... hahaha no the one in the pics isn't mine, but it looks exactly the same as mine ..... my one is in much better condition but exactly the same motor, apparently not many of these were made, my uncle that is a jonny/rude and bayliner freak - gave me the the motor on a 26ft bayliner as a wedding present as he knows my passion for speed on the water (best wedding present in the world) ..... he imported it from the USA in 1990, so it might actually be the same motor ... I would never know, this motor has no serial number or actual plate stating the HP (so it might be illegal hahaha) but from my research it pushes 425hp at 10 000 rpm, I've pushed it WOT and the speedo needle got stuck at 140km/h as the speedo only goes to 140km/h hahaha ....... I'm sure i did about 185km/h (115mph) ... man I wet my pants but it is awesome .... never took it out since, scares me .... my friends wanto go ski'ing behind it .... not even I will attempt that ......

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

Wow 10,000 Rpm. I never knew what mine did. Just knew that at half throttle id looose my lunch in my pants. My boat was quiet a bit smaller than urs. I woulda liked to know the top speed with my set up but i was just to scared LOL i bet it woulda done 200 _+ kph on my setup.. im guessing

deejaycee_2000

Captain

LOL .... imagine that .... 200km/h ..... maybe i should take her out on a wind free day and push it WOT to see with a GPS .... mmm, I'll keep you updated ... hahahaha ..... if you never hear from me again ... you know what happened .... I better up my life insurance once again ......

AlanR

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL!!!! Scarey stuff. When I had my V8 on my Hydro i hated getting up on a plane because it was so scarey. first off it was almost sinking with the motor on it when its stopped and when you went to get on a plane it would stand straight up. ALSO u gotta watch the motor why'll ur doiing that because it use to pull so hard on the transom. Like i swear that transom use to flex inch and a half back and forth when you would take off or slow down cause it was only rated for a 150. still once you got it on a plane she moved along well and never had any problems with it. Now since i got my 225 its easyier on gas cause it only runs on 4 cyclinders rather than 6 when trolling also its lighter ( 100 pounds isnt much when it weighs like 500 pounds but its enough ) :p it still dosnt go as fast as my johnson did cause ive topped my 225 out where as the johnson it felt like it didnt stop!! I hope you keep that motor its one of the best motors ive ever owned (besides gas) and like we both agreed there so hard to come by now! Btw 115 mph on a 26ft boat is wicked. Wat prop did you have? I had a 27 stainless

deejaycee_2000

Captain

... hahaha .... I'll definately never get rid of it, as far as I know I have the only one is South Africa, so it is a collectors item ..... to be honest I have no idea what prop I have on there as nothing has any numbers on them, not the motor not even the prop, but from my knowledge I would say it is around a 24" stainless, I could be wrong, but you can see that it's a custom made prop ... done very nicely .....