What does this number mean??

I was told to get the number off of the quarter size plate inside the motor, and I need to know what it means.
Evinrude g3756882

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: What does this number mean??

That's the serieal number. If it doesn't match the serial number under the model number on the ID tag (on the stern bracket) it simply means the powerhead or the bracket has been changed.

Take that number to any Evinrude / Johnson dealer and they can contact Bombardier and tell you what model it is.

The two evinrude dealers I talked to today said that they couldn't tell what model it is by the number I have. THey said you can only do it with mercury.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner

That is correct. That's why they'll have to call Bombardier.

will bombardier know, no matter what year the engine is? I am starting to think it is a little older than we were originally told. I think its a late 80's

Also, the two dealers I spoke to didn't seem to inclined to help out. They both just said to bring it in and they could tell me around what year by looking at it. I don't want to tell them their business, so is there any way that I could contact bombardier to get this information?

xtraham

Lieutenant

I have serched and serched I cant find a 9.9 newer than 1990

emdsapmgr

Supreme Mariner

Johnson/Evinrudes determine year by the model number, not the serial #. Why not just look at the transom bracket ID tag and post the model number?

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I would post a picture here. There are alot of guys that could narrow it down pretty close. You will need to have the picture hosted at a site like photobucket.com. It's free and when you post it, just click on the little yellow box above the text reply area and paste the URL of the picture there...