My Aunt is dying: Update

Tyme2fish

Commander
My favorite Uncles wife is dying. They have been married for 54 years.
Diabetes forced the amputation of her left leg above the knee. Her remaining foot has gangrene. She also has stage 4 lung cancer as a non-smoker.
She has been moved from the hospital to a nursing home.(Hospice) She is now under a Morphine drip and has just days to live.
Through out this ordeal, my Uncle (a retired Virginia State Trooper) has been holding up well. But the mental and physical toll is sapping his strength. He is 74 years old.
Please keep her and him in your prayers.
I know I will be going to Virginia in the next few days for the services.

We got the phone call yesterday July 29th. She has passed and her sufferring is over.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral
Re: My Aunt is dying

My prayers and thoughts to you and yours.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Allow her to pass with dignity T2F. Be there for her but don't baby her. She'll appreciate it. Prayers coming your way for all to be able deal with this.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Coming your way T2F, you and your's will be in our thoughts.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Most definately, as well as you and your family.

QC

Supreme Mariner

All over it T2F. Hang in there man . . .

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

I'm sorry to hear your sad news T2F.
I will pray for you all.

Link

Rear Admiral

Kenneth said:
Allow her to pass with dignity T2F. Be there for her but don't baby her. She'll appreciate it. Prayers coming your way for all to be able deal with this.
Same here. BTDT

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Hang in there! Most of us have been through it and it is not good. Just have faith.

Prayers.

Bob & Jenn

Re: My Aunt is dying: Update

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. For some reason and the lack of post I thought this was a hoax. It reminded me of a guy who went to the lst Sergeant and ask for a 3 day pass. When the Sergeant ask him why he said, My Mother is dead. He got his pass, but the fact was his mother had been dead for several years. God will grant you and your uncle the strength come through this and your aunt is in good hands. Peace be with you and yours.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: My Aunt is dying: Update

Our condolences. My Aunt Erma passed due to ling cancer (heavy smoker) when i was a kid. But the one thing I remember about her was how cheerful she was until she got sick. And then, to watch this vibrant, friend (we were best buddies too) gasping for air and in pain, I was relieved to see her "sleeping" at the viewing. I was old enough to know what death was, yet knew she was with God and not in pain anymore.