Another tubing question: Hows does a Kwik-Connect work?

ildoc

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Can someone explain to me how one of the Kwik-Connect devices sold on Iboats and elsewhere works?

I know it's supposed to keep you from threading 60ft of rope through the loop everytime you hook up, but I can't visualize how it works. And does it work well?

tommays

Admiral
Re: Another tubing question: Hows does a Kwik-Connect work?

f3b2b07d.jpg

Its a lot more simple and easy to just rig a perment line on the tube :)

A few dollars at home depo and the package comes with a fid and how to do it

Tommays

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

I know this is different and it costs more but I used one of these when my kids were small. They put the wristband around their wrist and if they fall off or just want to stop they give it a pull and the tube separates from the towline, then the tube stays with them and they don't have to wait for your to drag it around to them. Have a look at this link in iBoats.
Seyvlor Tube Disconnect

John_S

Rear Admiral

I have one on a bonzai tube (came with it). Not sure of the "official" or right way (wasn't in the instructions), but here is how I rigged it.

- Tie a loop in the end of your tow rope. Loop should be about 6-8" long.

- Route the loop up through the hole in the Kwik-connect.

- Run the loop around the front tabs/ears. And it will hold in place.

If it tends to come off the ears, you will need to make the loop a little smaller. Too small of a loop, and you will not get it over the tabs/ears.

The text might be a little hard to understand, but I don't have a picture.

It is very simple to remove and replace. I like to remove the rope and get off the floor and in the ski locker.

ILOVEBEER

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm not sure but I think you are talking about this:

ropetotube.jpg

First yoiu have to have a rope with a loop on the end. The loop goes up through the hole and then wraps around the ears and pull tight. Check this site out for more answers;

http://www.skitube.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=15

-Beer

LFK

Petty Officer 1st Class

ILOVEBEER said:
I'm not sure but I think you are talking about this:

ropetotube.jpg

First yoiu have to have a rope with a loop on the end. The loop goes up through the hole and then wraps around the ears and pull tight. Check this site out for more answers;

http://www.skitube.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=15

-Beer

That's a Kwik-Connect, and it's very quick and easy to use.

ildoc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm actually referring to something similar, LFK, but it comes as an accessory that has a short rope and the nylon (?) device attached to it.

SuperGlue

Cadet

Is this what you are looking at?
http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cg...id=258729&list_time=1153505929&view_id=239788

If so, you put the kwik-connect rope 1/2 way through the loop on the tube, then you put the plastic end through the loop in its' rope and pull it tight. The kwik-connect is now attached to the tube. Now you can attach the tow rope to the plastic connector.

CG

ildoc

Petty Officer 3rd Class

SuperGlue said:
Is this what you are looking at?
http://www.iboats.com/mall/index.cg...id=258729&list_time=1153505929&view_id=239788

If so, you put the kwik-connect rope 1/2 way through the loop on the tube, then you put the plastic end through the loop in its' rope and pull it tight. The kwik-connect is now attached to the tube. Now you can attach the tow rope to the plastic connector.

CG

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about!!! But what's the best way to attach the tow rope to the kwik-connect.

Boatin Bob

Lieutenant Commander

Your tow rope should have a loop on the end (if not just make one) and wrap it around the 2 ears on the clip.