Info on Fiberform?

Todd Gerber

Seaman
I stopped today to take a look at a boat today - a '79 16' Fiberform speed boat. I don't know what model it was other than it was really sparkley and had a very low windshield - looked like it was meant for speed.

I'm new to the boating world, but somewhat familiar with alot of brands - except for this one. The dealer wanted $3000 for this one with a Merc 1150 motor.

Boat was in pretty good shape, though not sure it's for me. Wondering if anyone knows much about this boat maker as I've never heard of them before.

Thanks,

Todd Gerber

Todd Gerber

Seaman
Re: Info on Fiberform?

Well I did find out that Bayliner bought out Fiberform in the early 80's.

Todd

Capt Bert

Cadet

Todd said:
I stopped today to take a look at a boat today - a '79 16' Fiberform speed boat. I don't know what model it was other than it was really sparkley and had a very low windshield - looked like it was meant for speed.

I'm new to the boating world, but somewhat familiar with alot of brands - except for this one. The dealer wanted $3000 for this one with a Merc 1150 motor.

Boat was in pretty good shape, though not sure it's for me. Wondering if anyone knows much about this boat maker as I've never heard of them before.

Thanks,

Todd Gerber

Capt Bert

Cadet

Todd said:

Thanks,

Todd Gerber

We are the proud owners of a 1976 22' Fiberform, given to us in neglected condition. Due to the lack of use, as it was parked on a side yard for 20 years, the motor had few hours. With some transom & motor mount glass repair due to the formentioned side yard neglect, it has been hours upon days of great boating life. We found the RotDr website extremely helpful with her repairs & overall tuffness. She has been a reliable vessel never leaving us stranded. Good old girl. Because of the extra love, her new upgraded styley interior and her updated paint job. She is always grabing attention & noone can ever guess her age.

After just about every lake we can drive too near us on the West coast, her outdrive drive shaft failed. We are intending to fix her, asside from her age, aiming to get another 7 years & countless hours of uninterupted boating and camping.

Good Luck with yours.

Nandy

Commander

Can you provide the url for that ROTDR site? I have some fixing to do and eventhought I am very mecanically inclined I want to research and get advice.

Thanks!

richale

Cadet

I have a 78 28 ft executive. The boat is very solid. It seems through my research and experiance that when Bayliner purchaced them in 82 they went right into value enjineering. Fiberform is the better boat.

jvriffel

Recruit

I'm curious if one you looked at is similar to this one in my signature. No clue what its model actually is just been calling it a runabout myself

circuit19

Cadet

We are the proud owners of a 1976 22' Fiberform, given to us in neglected condition. Due to the lack of use, as it was parked on a side yard for 20 years, the motor had few hours. With some transom & motor mount glass repair due to the formentioned side yard neglect, it has been hours upon days of great boating life. We found the RotDr website extremely helpful with her repairs & overall tuffness. She has been a reliable vessel never leaving us stranded. Good old girl. Because of the extra love, her new upgraded styley interior and her updated paint job. She is always grabing attention & noone can ever guess her age.

After just about every lake we can drive too near us on the West coast, her outdrive drive shaft failed. We are intending to fix her, asside from her age, aiming to get another 7 years & countless hours of uninterupted boating and camping.

Good Luck with yours.

I just found this site and am very impressed. I got ahold of a 20' cabin cruiser about 2 years ago and have been try'n to find the time and money to fix it. It sat in the desert for about 9 years and another 2 since i've had it. It needs a new omc 302 block cuz it wasn't winterized way back when. It only has 250 hours on it and is in pretty decent condition considering all the down time. I've been try'n to find info on fiberforms for awhile and hadn't been able to find very much until now. I do have much to do and have mostly done some ascetics to get the oxidation off it and see if there was anything wrong with the gel coat. I'll need to find a 302 block and switch the stuff from my block to what i get but while it's apart i want to go thru the outdrive also and i AM NOT familiar with those at all. I do okay wrenching on things so I will be doing the work myself. If you have any thing in mind that could help ease this project please let me know as this is my first boat and i want it to last for many many years. thank you

Nandy

Commander

If you check the capt bert profile you can tell he has not been here in ages. If you havend dont so yet make a new post at the engine forum to get help.

17.5cobra

Cadet

I'm curious if one you looked at is similar to this one in my signature. No clue what its model actually is just been calling it a runabout myself

The boat you have is a fiberform wiakiki looks nice too. I have the exact same boat very stong hull best lake boat i've ever owned .I love them very stable modeled after an old boat called a COBRA ..