Buying a Regal Help

swartzieee

Cadet
Hello, I am looking to buy a new boat. I live in Florida on the coast. I was wondering if anyone knows about Regal cruisers in the 26' range. I was talking to my neighbor about getting this size of boat and I was advised their was no reason to buy such a big boat and to get a 20'. My neighbor also said Regals are not good boats. Any help would be great. Thanks for your time and input.

~Steve

brine

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Buying a Regal Help

Your neighbour is an idiot.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

Drive over to Orlando and take a tour of the factory. They offer free tours Mon-Fri 9AM. They seem well made to me. Not perfect, but plenty adequate for coastal use and quite popular down your way too.

JustMrWill

Master Chief Petty Officer

I cry myself to sleep every night since I sold my Regal...

-JMW

ps - Seriously, I had an 1987 21' Regal that (other than cosmetics) was just about perfect. I will probably buy another one when I am ready for another boat.

wahammock

Recruit

My wife and I purchased a 2001 2660 in 2005. This was our first boat and we love it. We are now planning a buying another Regal with the new IPS drives as soon as we can find a use one.

We think Regals are great and would recommend them to anyone.

bucky7680

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did they also send you down to the marine parts store to pick up some muffler bearings?
I have a 2008 Regal 2000 20'. I love this boat and the build quality is fantastic. I boat on lake Mead and while it's not the ocean it does get some sizable waves. A 20' boat is no fun in anything above 2 1/2' waves. I already have 2'itis. If there is any chance that you will be in anthing more than 2 1/2' get a 22' or larger if you can afford it. I took the factory tour and was very impressed. When I had questions about my delivery date, my call was returned in less than 1 hr. I looked at alot of boats side by side at the boat show and nothing met my criteria for the price I got on the Regal. My punch list for the post delivery service consisted of replacing a snap on the removable carpeting.