The Right Perspective

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: The Right Perspective

Couldn't help it . . .

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Didn't answer my question HM. Not that I expected you to. ;)
For example, you are fine with leaving the # of dead AMERICANS in the Vietnam conflict at 58,000, without counting the dead Vietnamese, but you raise he!! about leaving the dead Iraqis' out of the equasion.
You're getting more and more predictable with every post.
And BTW, I'm not a leftie OR righty.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

I don't know whether to fart or puke in here. +o(

PW2

Commander

It's not apples and oranges, HM, it's more like apples and bowling balls.

I don't even have a clue what the point of it is.

How does the number of casualties in one conflict relate to the number of casualties in another, anyway?

The only reasonable comparison that can be made is this provides as much support to their position as a lampost does to a drunk.

RubberFrog

Rear Admiral

technostingray said:
RubberFrog said:
I don't know whether to fart or puke in here. +o(

This is somewhat below you, isn't it? ??? :=

I am experiencing difficulty deciding whether to flatulate or regurgitate in this location.

KaGee

Admiral

Haut said:
Now if there were 35 cops getting killed in Detroit in a month, you would have my attention.....
:.....JK

Seeing how Detroit is a predominately BLACK community, one might be led to believe that, that was a racist remark JK.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Kagee, whether I am a racist or not has no bearing on that statment -It was made to illustrate the 35 murders were all people, not police, (hopefully), & certainly not combat troops...So I don't really see where the race card comes in, & frankly the population demographic never entered my head.......
The preposterous assertion made by the original statement is that it is actually safer in Iraq than Detroit......
In reality, it is much safer to be a combat troopin Detroit, (I hope)......
My comparison betwwen cops & combat troops was made by recognising them as an organized peace-keeping force, nothing more...
In Detroit you are taking all deaths into account...
In Iraq, you are only counting combat troops....
This is the logical flaw of the arguement....
If took all of the deaths by violence in Detroit & all of the violent deaths in Iraq, you might have a valid comparison.....
& I suspect very different results & conclusions.....
Who made the statement about Iraqi lives being more precious than American lives....PLEASE!
You usually put up a good arguement, but not on this thread, however.:love:......JK

KaGee

Admiral

JK, your explaination is not that apparent in the original post. I accept it though.

Your argument assumes that large numbers of Iraqi's are being killed by our military or soley by our military presence. For that argument to carry weight you have to assume that no Iraqi deaths would happen at all if not for us.

That argument assumes that Saddam, left in power, would no longer be murdering his own people. It also assumes that the sectarian violence (which is claiming most of the casualties) also would not happen at all.

Furthermore, these arguments ignore that Islamic Facisim really does exist. It's the US creating all these problems. However, how do you then explain all the killing taking place in Africa, where we do not have a occupying presence?

I believe that time will reveal that over 100 innocent Indians were killed today, by Muslims. Last I checked, we have no presence there either.

Someone else may have the correct numbers, but there are somewhere around 1500 fatalities in our military in a year when we are not at "war".

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

All I am saying is that the original statement/comparison/assertion is [colour=null]GUANO![/[/colour]b].......JK