Silverwood Lake (Ca)

BrianS.

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone have any opinions they can share in regards to Silverwood Lake in Hesperia?

Thinking of going there for a couple of days for camping and boating.

MRS

Commander
Re: Silverwood Lake (Ca)

It is not a real big lake but a nice lake if you like to fish the striper and catfish are not bad at this time of the year. Gets really crowded in the summer time thou (weekends). No hook-ups at campgrounds but decent campgrounds last time I camped there they have had a fire some where close to there so I think they are still nice. Hope this helped...........

QC

Supreme Mariner

Brian,

When you and I were discussing Castaic, I mentioned Silverwood. Couple of comments as I have boated there 3 or 4 times. Beautiful little lake. Nice protected cove on one side and a larger open area for high speed runs connected by a narrow section. Higher altitude (I am guessing 3500 ft) so there are pine trees and beautiful views up into the surrounding mountains. The altitude will also cut into your performance a little. Similar to Lake Perris and Castaic in that one or two laps and you have seen the whole thing. Also, the road to the lake on 138 is pretty tight and sorta steep in sections. Nothing you shouldn't be able to handle, but there is a short section that is one of the most challenging tows that I have done. Fairly steep and again very tight turns.

There are campsites at the lake, but I don't believe that you can keep the boat on the water after dark. You should double check about this issue.

How was Castaic?

[colour=Blue]Edit: Hey, MRS. I was typing while you posted :)[/colour]

MRS

Commander

QC, nice to hear from you hope things are going well we just got back from Crowley lake was great got caught in a great little storm out there on the lake. But we seem to every year up there just put the boat in the slip and wait and see if it blows thru. Now back to Brian you are right you cannot leave your boat in water after dark unless you rent a slip there.

QC

Supreme Mariner

MRS,

Crowley looks like a storm could kick yer butt . . . Mead for two days and then the Nautical two days leave this Sunday.

Sorry for the hijack Brian . . . 8)

BrianS.

Petty Officer 1st Class

I haven't gone to Castiac yet, I was looking at something a bit closer which is why I asked about Silverwood.

I will have to go back and find that other thread, I didn't recall you mentioning that one, but I do remember you saying something about the Lake Nacimiento, but that is a bit farther than we want to drive.

I would be tent camping, so no hook-ups is ok by me.

Thanks for the replies.

AquanutZ

Cadet

silverwood is pretty cool i go there all the time mostly to tune up the boat before i go to havasu. if you go make sure you have a reservation it dose get kinda croweded ive been there at 4.am and still had 2 wait in line for a hour to get in.but its a pretty cool lake.oh yeah and it gets kinda windy in the afternoon there so the water gets a lil choppy