Power Tilt and Trim Help???

trigger1

Recruit
Power trim makes clicking sound but will not raise or lower. Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Power Tilt and Trim Help???

Trigger, If you tell us which motor and year, we can help. Some T/T had two solenoids, some one. Some have three rams, some two.

trigger1

Recruit

Chris1956 said:
Trigger, If you tell us which motor and year, we can help. Some T/T had two solenoids, some one. Some have three rams, some two.

Forgive me plz...I am doing this for my husband and going by what he is telling me on the phone....It is a 1987-60 HP Mariner 2 cycle> appreciate the help! Thanks

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

Welcome to iboats!!

Is there fluid in it?

trigger1

Recruit

We can't check it because we can not get it raised up enough. We are assuming it does. You can't hear the motor running on it at all. Just the clicking sound when you try to raise or lower it.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

I can't help you with your model compared to mine, but mine leaks, and when the motor just humms, I know it's out of fluid.

Can you raise it manually?

79Merc140

Seaman Apprentice

Yours should have the integrated power trim in the mounting bracket. There should be 1 or 2 sylinoids (Spelling??) under the cowling and the pump is between the transom mounting bracket and the motor's mid section.

Hope this helps some.

Craig

trigger1

Recruit

We have not tried to raise it because I can't do it alone and hubby will be home SAT. and craig yes we know what and where everything is...do you know where the bypass screw is to raise the motor manually so we can get in there and check the trim motor. I appreicate ya'll trying to help us with this, since I am typing this for my husband while is on the road working. Look forward to hearing from you soon. You can email me at trigger@megagate.com. Thanks

79Merc140

Seaman Apprentice

Yes, it's on the drivers side near the bottom of the transom mount. Looks like a plastic screw. turn it slowly counter clockwise.

Craig

trigger1

Recruit

Thank you...I will let you all know what happens after we manually move it.

Plainsman

Rear Admiral

When you lift it, I have found it easiest to lift from the prop. Good Luck!