"Rush Limpbaugh"

PW2

Commander
Re:

Re:

POINTER94 said:
Ah gee PW, you mean like Kennedy? How many days in jail did he get? Did he even go to jail at all? Did Rush get the luxury of a state paid limo ride to his family compound? I guess all that pandering to the police does pay off. Funny how most of us realize just how meaningless the story really was and didn't use it as a vehicle to maleign the man. I wish the same could be said for everyone equally regardless of political persuasion. But it is clear we can't.:'(

Pointer, you need to respond to what I said, and not what you wanted me to say because it's easier to debate.

I have no idea where Rep Kennedy comes into this discussion, nor do I understand where the notion of jail time, or lack of it, enters the discussion anywhere.
Rush's original charge is that somehow he is a victim of some vast left wing conspiracy, which is laughable.

And please don't complain about the level of debate in this country while defending Rush. He built his empire on turning political opponents into two dimentional cartoon figures--Rush and his cohorts deserve the exact same respect in return.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Re:

Re:

I'm sorry you don't understand PW. I would suggest you try reading the news regarding Patrick Kennedy. Also a search of this forum would help you follow.

Try searching "Patrick Kennedy" add "police" or "drugs".

At that point it should clear enough for an ardent liberal to see.

It answers this:
Just which positions are those? The ones that suggest people who abuse drugs should be thrown in jail?

And this:
But the notion that Rush was somehow a victim of a zealous customs agent is laughable.

What question would you like answered?

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner
Re:

Re:

actually the windbags fame got him off, last Jan when I reentered the US I had 4 boxs of OTC (in venezuela) artheritis medications.
however we researched it and its a controlled substance here,prescription only.
I had the doki tari write up a script and had all my documentation and it still took them 15 min or so to clear a pack of medications.
the dok tari trained in the states for 10 years and was aware of US customs and the import/export of controlled substances.
had ole windbag broken drug laws in singapore,thialand and certain other countries he would still be awaiting trial.
and until you clear customs your under federal juristiction.

but its a good feeling when you get past the customs agent:):).
your actually back then.
you have one area that will check your luggage, then you proceed to another for passport clearence.
once past the passport entry checkpoint your back on state juristiction unless arrested by TSA which is still federal.
while technically Rush did break the law I really hope its just dropped. a good defense lawyer will get him off rapidly anyway as my guess on this case crimminal intent would be difficult to prove.
I say rapidly, a year and a few million taxpayer dollars on one side and a couple hundred grand on the other.
but I gaurantee if I had not had my meds well documented at reentry I would have been detained a lot longer than 3 hours.

oddjob

Commander
Re:

Re:

This is STupid to argue. He didnt break the law OR violate HIS probation..anyone who states otherwise is simply a moran. Sorry to be blunt but I cant debate as a gentlemen when idiots ingnore facts.

Willy....Air America has not ever even broke even and I believe it has been off and on the air due to lack of funding.

KaGee

Admiral
Re:

Re:

BTW Rod,

There is a big difference between [colour=red]Prescription drugs[/colour] and [colour=purple]Controlled Substances. [/colour]

Just ask your Doctor or your Pharmacist what happens when they prescribe or dispense an in-ordinate amount of [colour=purple]"Controlled Substance".[/colour]