Can a guy just brag for a bit?

Matt O

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Well guys and gals, tonight must have been my lucky night, almost didn't go fishing after work like I usually do, but at the last minute decided too. Man am I glad I did, 10 minutes into what would have been an hour and 20 minutes max of fishing, I hooked the biggest fish of my life, and I landed it. And as soon as I could catch my breath I called my wife to bring the digital camera, I had to keep it in the water until she got there, 5 minutes, than a few pics weigh it and put it back in. Man this has been a bad week at work now it doesn't seem so bad. BTW this was caught in a little private lake that only myself and 3 others fish, it was for years a stocked pay lake and was closed to the public 12 years ago, good size fish are common, but this ones a monster for Missouri and especially this lake. Thanks for sharing my moment, now do you think I will ever get to sleep? here is a link to my page<br /><br /> http://www.geocities.com/oharver/fish.html?1063854586740 <br /><br />Matt

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: Can a guy just brag for a bit?

Congradulations Matt, nice fish!!<br /><br />And thanks for the release too! More are sure to follow.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Iwanna see, Iwanna see. Yes bragging is allowed. I tried to see but this is the message i got.<br /><br />The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. Visit our help area for more information.<br />Access to this site will be restored within an hour. Please try again later.<br /><br />Guess I'll have to wait

Matt O

Petty Officer 3rd Class

dang I guess the fish was just too big for Geocities to handle. LOL hopefully they will get it back up really quick. Sorry.<br /><br />Matt

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer

The fish has the same look on it's face as you do.<br />LOL <br />nice catch

SoulWinner

Commander

I have to agree with Lucky Jim :D Nice fish and kudos on the the release :)

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

nice fish :D :D :D <br /><br />looks like it went over 10lbs easily<br /><br />how big was it?<br /><br />wish i could get one that big<br /><br />was close once. 9lbs 14ozs

LadyFish

Admiral

Matt, really nice fish. :) <br /><br />Wikelam, did you noodle for that one?

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I was coming on here to post a request for anybody with any fishing info on Missouri ( I will be moving there in the future) And what do I see.....Thanx Drive camp that made my day :)

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

ladyfish---> yes, there are a few more on my website. trying to get all the fish we caught this summer on there.

gonfishn

Commander

Never really got into bass fishn..but that one would make me want to quit fishn for the gator(not)..nice fish Drive Camp..bet the B/P went up a notch when ya pulled it in..

FLATHEAD

Captain

Good job Drive camp. What did that bucket bite on? Glad to hear you released It. :cool: <br /><br />My guess would be about 7 or 8 pounds.

Matt O

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thanks for all the congrats, catch and release is how this little 10 acre lake has become such a honey hole for us in the past decade. The fish although it looks big and it is by Missouri standards it weighs 6 lbs 6 ozs and is 23 1/2 inches long. Which happens to be 3 lbs bigger than any Bass I have ever caught, and one pound bigger than my all time Rod and reel catch. I have been on a natural high that only an angler can understand for the past 24 hours. My wife has threatened to KNOCK this smile off my face. :D <br />Anyway I caught it on a Bomber Model 6A crankbait. And I went and bought another today to replace that one since it will be mounted with the replica I will be ordering. Thanks again for letting me share.<br /><br />Matt

aspeck

Staff member

Nice fish drive camp! Congrats.<br /><br />Wikelam, I see your fish still has your hand - that's what ya get for noodlin'! ;)

wikelam

Chief Petty Officer

I would have guess that fish to be over 10lbs. Ya must have held it out close to the camera. anyway nice fish