Boating in Ohio

s03akoukis

Recruit
Re: Boating in Ohio

Sure do. I just bought a Crownline cuddy from Buckeye lake marina. I've been boating for 15 years or so on alum creek. Generally we are the big group of cruisers that hangs out north of 36 on alum.

s03akoukis

Recruit

Check out this site if you are interested in ALum Creek<br /><br />alumcreekpowerboat.com/<br />No direct linking to commercial sites please.

kozman01

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hi jpg,<br /><br />Not a Rinker owner but I do boat on Buckeye Lake and Alum Creek. I used to own a drive thru carryout just west of the north launch ramp in Buckeye Lake. Buckeye Lake is fine since it's so close to my house. I live in Reynoldsburg, but the water is somewhat nasty and you have a lot of people who are clueless about how to actually boat. Alum Creek is nice IF it's not Friday, Sat. or Sun. There you have the exact opposite of the hillbilly element of Buckeye Lake. You have people who put boats in Alum Creek that only belong somewhere like Lake Erie. Also, at Alum Creek, I have never seen more people know less about the proper way to wait your turn to launch or retrieve your boat. I avoid that place like the plague on weekends. Sometimes rude, snooty people. Now, with that said, I think the best kept secret in local boating for central Ohio is Seneca Lake. It's a little south-east of Salt Fork State Park (nice boating there by the way). It's bigger than Buckeye Lake and much deeper, has a nice island in the middle and the best thing is the people there are actually very pleasent AND for the most part, know how to launch/retrieve and conduct themselves on the water. Someone on iboats suggested Seneca Lake to me last year and it's been the best lake I've been to yet. I hope this helped and I hope you check out Seneca Lake, you'll like it alot.

borourke

Seaman

Hey Zorba,<br /><br />Thanks for posting that link. I have been boating at Alum and Erie for about 3 years now and always hoped that someone would get an organization started closer to Central Ohio. I was even considering join a club up at Erie, but the drive was holdong me back. I reached out to the Alum Creek Club to inquire about membership. Maybe I will see you out there this year. Hoping to get out in the next week or 2.

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

We used to hit Alum a couple times a week.....rarley go now except for tuning or prop tests....and the shootout.<br /><br />Don't know which are worse at Alum:<br />1. Bass Tourney Idiots (or any of the morons who think they are "professional fishermen :rolleyes: "<br />2. Morons on Jetskis <br />3. Ragbaggers constantly complaining about powerboats ( why don't those cheap azzes go next door to Hoover where there is a 9.9 limit?)<br />4. Ramp hoggers that haven't started their "boat" for 2 years.<br /><br /><br />We finally said screw it to that place and head up to Erie.

87sylvanv171

Cadet

Alum has become to popular. It is full of way to many idots. Buckeye is on it's way to becoming that way. Lake Delaware isn't to bad.

Prin

Seaman Apprentice

Alum Creek is too busy on weekends. Central Ohio does have several other places. Delaware Res., and Deercreek are both not as crowded.