How about Pro-Line boats?

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer
Thanks to those that replied to my question about Sunbirds. Now what are your opinions and/or experiences with Pro-Line? There's a nice-looking 24' walkaround with a 5.7 Mercruiser I found for sale. Unlike Sunbird, I've seen a lot of Pro-Lines around. Thanks!

crazy charlie

Vice Admiral
Re: How about Pro-Line boats?

I have 3 friends with them and they are all happy with them.A 20ft,22ft and 25ft.All outboards.Charlie

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

They seem to hold their resale value fairly well, so that must mean something, right?

D

DJ

I,ve never seen one I didn't like. Nor, Have I talked to any unhappy owners.

elcamino12sec

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My friend has a 30' W\A it sits in the water all the time and is always in the sun, we take it Grouper fishing way out in the gulf, has twin 200 yammys. He seems to be happy with it and its never failed us before, seems to be holding up to the elements well also. Only thing I dont like about it, seems to be a rough ride, I feel that for a 30' boat, it should handle chop better than it does, other than that, seems like a well built boat, but my opinion, there way too expensive new, but so is everything.

danf@att.net

Cadet

I had a 98 Proline 2610 WA - was a dealer demo boat - never had a problem with it - held it's value, (I took extremely good care of it) and got 60% of original cost back on trade-in after 5 seasons of use... Moved up to a 30' Proline Sport (Center Console)... Big bucks, - wide beam-10' 10" giving a solid ride and plenty of room to fish from - I can fish with 8 guys - no problem... I had many first year problems, but majority were do to Manufacturer parts problems - and Proline made good on everything... Running with twin Merc 225 4 strokes (really Yamaha's) - and 4 stroke is a pleasure to own... all you hear is wind and water... Good luck with boat search...

farginicehole

Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for all of your replies. Now my problem is that I think the boat is going to be too tall when on the trailer to fit into my pole barn! I just built it and it has 10' ceilings, with two 10' wide x 9' high overhead doors. Not that this should break the deal, but my wife and I are torn between getting a "big" boat that we have to slip and something that is trailerable. If we go the trailerable route, I'd sure like to be able to store it indoors at our house!

GatorMike

Ensign

I had an 89 20 foot cc proline for many years. I now own a 99 19 foot CC Wellcraft. I will tell you right now I really miss the Proline, it was much bigger and had much more room than the Wellcraft of almost equil length. It was much more fishable and laid out better. Believe it or not I think it was a better ride and I was never frigntened in rough water like I am in the Wellcraft (it tends to nose dive under the waves). The Proline was getting old and becoming a maintainence problem. The other drawback is it was a much uglier boat than the Wellcraft, no offense meant to Proline owners.

C Sollers

Recruit

I've got a '92 210WA. It's been a great boat, very seaworthy although slightly underpowered with a Merc 4.3 stern drive. I would not hesitate buying another ProLine product.

levittownnick

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I have a '97 model 201 (20'1") with a 150 Johnson and a trailer that I bought new as a package deal. The seat was very unconfortable (because of my size) so the salesman introduced me to one of the VP's at the show who had me try the seat in a larger Pro-Line. That seat was Ok so the VP said I can have it with those seats. When I closed the deal, the seats were an extra $500. Well I was spending so much money (by my standards) that I went for it anyway because there is nothing worse than blowing a bundle and not getting what you want.<br /><br />When the boat comes in it had NO seats! I was told that the seats that I could "have" would not fit (so much for knowing your product). If I had common sense I would have walked out of the deal at that point, but now I can taste my damm desire. Also screwed up was the boarding ladder. The one shown with the boat is for gymnasts not fat old folks. Bottom line is I settled for some after market seats and boarding ladder.<br /><br />The next dissapointment came when due to my stupidity* I broke the windshield. At this point the boat was 2 years old. I was told that the boat is out of production and the windshield is not available. After using the boat for 2 months without a windshield and having put the word SUCKS in 9" high black lettering following the Proline name, for $600., they offered to replace the one piece windshield with a 2 piece windshield. The 2 piece replacement works fine.<br /><br />Eight years have gone by and I have had no further complaints. I do like the boat in spite of my experience with Proline.<br /><br />* It was July 4, 1999 and we were "hanging out" in Oyster Bay on a very hot afternoon when a large boat throwing a big wake passed in front of us. My wife Debby was sitting on the bow and I (stupidly) was going to "cool her off" by accelerating into the wake. The wake broke over the whole boat and Deb's elbow went into the windshield. There was blood everywhere. A quick trip back to the dock and short ride to the emergency room, Deb was stiched up and ready to get back on the boat. While I may be stupid, I am the luckiest guy in the world to have her for my wife.

wojo

Cadet

farginicehole said:
Thanks to those that replied to my question about Sunbirds. Now what are your opinions and/or experiences with Pro-Line? There's a nice-looking 24' walkaround with a 5.7 Mercruiser I found for sale. Unlike Sunbird, I've seen a lot of Pro-Lines around. Thanks!

wojo

Cadet
Re: Need help selecting boat Pro Line? SeaQuest? Sea Chaser? Caravelle?

Re: Need help selecting boat Pro Line? SeaQuest? Sea Chaser? Caravelle?

We're looking at a new 2006 Proline 2400WA. I've read some information about people having trouble with the gel coat and the fiberglass with stress cracks. Has anyone out there experienced gel coat/fiberglass problems? We're also looking at a boat called a Sea Quest 2550WA that has a nice bow seat, but I can't find any comments anywhere about them. When we visited the dealer he just seemed to carry only new 2005 and 2006 models and the shop wasn't very professional. We're also looking at the Caravelle (but postings cite major gel coat/fiberglass problems) and looking at a Carolina Skiff Sea Chaser 2400WA. All boats are equipped with either a Suzuki 225 or 250 4 strokes. Any feedback about any of these boats will be helpful. Has anyone ever heard of the SeaQuest? The WA we select MUST have a bow seat with cushion for at least one person.

A-37

Seaman Apprentice

2001 Proline 20Walk w/150 Optimax EFI. Bought it in 2005 and couldn't be more satisfied with it. The two SmartCraft gauges can be a pain at first but I'm used to them now. Unfortunately, the SmartCraft link gauges are not compatible with my system.

Details like welded rails are a nice quality touch as are all the hatches and access panels.

studlymandingo

Commander

Thanks for all of your replies. Now my problem is that I think the boat is going to be too tall when on the trailer to fit into my pole barn! I just built it and it has 10' ceilings, with two 10' wide x 9' high overhead doors. Not that this should break the deal, but my wife and I are torn between getting a "big" boat that we have to slip and something that is trailerable. If we go the trailerable route, I'd sure like to be able to store it indoors at our house!

I once "raised the roof" on a pole-barn so a cab-tractor would fit inside. Took two guys, 3 Bloomfield jacks, 3-12' 4X4 posts and about 6 hours to have a 2' taller barn.​