Novice Boater

WanabeBoater

Petty Officer 1st Class
I want to say hello to everyone and would like to comend you on a great website. I am sure I will be spending a great amount of time here. I just purchased my first boat (1994 Starcraft 2010ss) and can't wait to get it out in the water. Thanks again for having me and operating such an infromative site.

Always Broke

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Novice Boater

Congratulations! Maybe you can learn about boats here and you can teach me how to spell :confused: <br /> Starcraft’s are good boats, I like my old tin one anyhow. I’ll probably like it more once I get finished restoring it and get on the water. I’d recommend a safe boating coarse being it’s your first boat, even if you don’t actually take the exam. Since you own the boat your responsible for the boat but everyone on board too. I had a boat of my own for 40 years now and I’m still learning. boatsafe.com and boating-source.net<br />Referral only, no direct linking.

jrcraft

Cadet
Re: Novice Boater

Congrats Wanabe. I have a 2000 Starcraft 2010. Have been enjoying it for 6 years now. Only major issue I had was with the Volvo 5.0L when a oil splash guard nut came loose which caused major damage which lead to a motor replacement. Volvo covered the cost (Thank God). Other than that and a wore out impeller costing me a day of headaches, it's been pretty smooth boating. Keep it clean and maintenenced and you will enjoy it for a long time.<br />As Always Broke mentioned boating safty is a major plus as well as boating etiquette we keep the waters friendly.