War against the Oil Companies - Cheap Transportation

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander
I will NOT give up my beloved Crew Cab Z 71<br /><br />however, for running around getting lil schit, I dont need nine thousand nine hundred pounds of towing capacity<br /><br />My solution ... <br /><br />
1.%20mopedwithoutpanier.jpg
<br /><br />Once i get my own set up going Ill take a picture of it and post it but for now, this is the idea ...<br /><br />chain driven, no spoke breakage, no slippage, minimal drag, this is the hot set up<br /><br />Staton has a very few of the Honda units left (honda feels that the GXH50 bike kits are biting into the Honda scooter sales) but there are more kits available<br /><br />I picked the one that tops out at 22, the 12 tooth primary gear, will pull hills with ease<br /><br />The GXH50 is a bear of an engine, I Could have gotten the one that goes 30, but im old now and dont heal as fast, besides, id rather go off road and enjoy the ride<br /><br />100 plus miles to the gallon if you use it motor alone, I dont know what it would be used as a pedal assist likely 150 - 200 mpg :eek: <br /><br />four cycle, no mixing, pull and go, I do believe im going to love it<br /><br />oil companies will HATE IT if we get enough of them running around the country!<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D <br /><br /> :cool:

ZmOz

Captain
Re: War against the Oil Companies - Cheap Transportation

I've thought hard about buying/building something like that. Only problem is the 9 months of rain we get. :rolleyes: I tried just pedaling into town a few months ago...I ended up laying on the ground with my cell phone ready to call 911 if I had a heart attack. :D

KRS

Banned

I am going to hop into my Ford Excursion diesel, hookup my heaviest trailer... and drive around for hours in traffic just so I can find one!

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I some states those are classified as mopeds and require plates and insurance. Better check on that before the law gets you. Headline reads Very, very slow speed chase in South Jersey. LOL :D <br />Check out these bikes.<br /><br />http: //www.wildfiremotors.com/mall/street_legal_scooters .php

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Reminds me of my 1961 Honda Sport 50 (CB50), which I bored out to a 55 by swapping jugs and pistons with a Trail 55. I bought her in a basket with a badly scored cylinder for $5. Yup, that's right, Five dollars.<br /><br />She got 150 mpg commuting into Memphis from the eastern suburbs. Never had her over 50 and I don't think she could do more than that, but 25 to 35 was no problem in traffic.<br /><br />Converted her to run on methanol. Mileage dropped to about 75 mpg and top end went to about 60.<br /><br />I wonder what methanol is going for these days. There are still some of those small Honda sport bikes showing up on ebay.<br /><br />TBT, I bet that rig would get well over the 150mpg I got on gas.

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by JB:<br />I wonder what methanol is going for these days.
'bout $3.50-4.00/gallon.

Tiger123245

Cadet

Tin Boat... that kinda ride might fly in the south. But I think the snow we get here in the midwest might cause some problems during Oct. thru April!

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

TBT, your link to Staton doesn't work. Need to add an "m" to the end of that link.<br /><br />Awesome post, btw. I will definitely be looking into one of those.