car question '89 Mazda MX6

11 footer

Lieutenant
I buddy of mine has a '89 MX-6 GT twin turbo he needs to get ride of. He is losing the parking her had for it and it has to go, soon. Hes lookin for $500, I can prob do a little better then that even.<br /><br />The car has over 140k miles on it, I've really been itching to drive something faster then my bronco. This things quick,, being a 5 speed turbo I think it will make one hell of a fun summer car, plus save me on gas, being now that schools out for the summer I'll prob be driving around a lot more. The plan would be to take my truck off the road and drive this untill winter, I should be able to save lots of money too being the Mazda would get 32mph compaired to 10 in my truck. <br /><br />Anyone have any experence with these? Anything spechal to look out for?

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: car question '89 Mazda MX6

Besides the fact that it is a 4 cylinder single turbo, they are decent cars. The bearings in the turbo will eventually start to go, you will know it when you start burning oil and you have that really nice blue cloud developing behind the car. Also, you will only get that good fuel economy if you keep your foot out of the gas. Any turbocharged vehicle eats gas if you stay in the happy pedal, so just kep that in mind. They handle good, are reasonably dependable, and the price sounds fine. Good luck....