tires with white lettering: like or dislike?

simple

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Do you think suv's, and trucks look better with white lettering? I think it depends on the color of the vehicle, and whether the rim is alloy or chrome.

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: tires with white lettering: like or dislike?

To me whites out almost always look better.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I'll answer with a picture of my tires.......<br /><br />
truck0021eh.jpg
<br />

LubeDude

Admiral

Styled aluminum wheels, "OUT"! Stock Hub Caps, "IN"! Unless they say something dumb like, Stump Jumpers or something. :p

ZmOz

Captain

Gots to have the white letters with the bling bling...<br />
icetire.jpg
<br /><br />You should have heard me yell when the doofus at the tire store put them on with the black side out! :eek:

MRS

Commander

My style black out less to wash...... :D :D :D

18rabbit

Captain

I'm guessing those that care at the lettering on their tires don't do much parallel parking in big cities. White letters in or out, doesn't matter after you've driven the equiv of a few miles with the tires agaist the curb.<br /> :D

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Mine are black on both sides.<br /><br />Why, cause sears only had 1 white letter Goodyear in stock.<br /><br />It looks ok on my vehicle, but makes the tires look cheap/generic.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ma tars is black.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Zmoz.... your bling seems to be over the top! All those pieces of ice and the ice clearcoat!! I bet they is had to maintain that look.<br /><br />I too prefer black.

TilliamWe

Banned

I like white letters on certain vehicles. Extended cab pickups with "big" factory sized tires. Remember all those S-10s with the Uniroyal Laredo P235/75R15? I loved them with RWL. Now all those Dodge Ram's with the little tires, RWL looks dumb.<br />Simple, your Silverado would probably look good with RWL, especially if you still have the stock GM 16" alloy wheel and tire size combo.

JRJ

Commander

Black out cause I don't like white out ;)

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Plenty of air and tread. Everything else is just social statements that I don't need to make.

jch7450

Petty Officer 1st Class

get old whitewalls lol :D

simple

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Originally posted by TilliamWe:<br />Simple, your Silverado would probably look good with RWL, especially if you still have the stock GM 16" alloy wheel and tire size combo.
Yeah, my truck is black and I have the white lettering. I'm thinking about getting white lettering tires for my boat trailer so it would kind of match the look of my truck tires, but I don't know if that's too much. My boat trailer is black also, so I think the white lettering might look good? I have alloy rims on the boat trailer, not those ugly stock looking ones.

heycods

Captain

Wheel covers= black out, fancy wheels= white out, the new low profile look= dont make any diff, they look like carp anyway

Pony

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by 18R:<br /> I'm guessing those that care at the lettering on their tires don't do much parallel parking in big cities. White letters in or out, doesn't matter after you've driven the equiv of a few miles with the tires agaist the curb.<br /> :D
Actually I parallel park twice a day.......in Milwaukee. If ya do it right, the tire wont touch the curb :D :D :D <br /><br /><br />If I had a Cadilac instead of a truck then maybe I could put some curb feelers on there..............

dhud64

Petty Officer 1st Class

dislike<br />ditto, tars are black

TilliamWe

Banned

Actually Simple, your line of thinking is one I can follow. If you got alloys all around (truck & trailer), colors match, then why not the tires? What the heck, it's only money! :D